Shoes that work good with flat feet?

"Flat feet (also called pes planus or fallen arches) is a formal reference to a medical condition in which the arch of the foot collapses, with the entire sole of the foot coming into complete or near-complete contact with the ground, often considered to look amusing or unattractive compared to a arched foot, and less efficient in performance."

what shoes works best for those with flat feet? how can I reduce the effects? and anybody out there has this same problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• umm flats? lol

• lol, naw. I tried it. it don't look good unless I have a long pants to cover the ankle area.

• haha okay, glad I could help :)

• What cover the "ankle area" when you are worried about flat feet? Is there a relationship?

What Guys Said 2

• Converse are horrible if you have flat feet. Pretty much the worst shoes. They hurt to wear. I'm referring to Chuck Taylors of course. Pretty much any kind of canvas shoe hurts the hell out of my feet unless there is some sort of orthotic insole built in. I love the brands: Saucony, Columbia (yeah they make shoes too), and Adidas is decent.

• I feel for you. My wife has the same. Unfortunately, the only problem is, she does not admit or even understand it. It is so bad that even though I have a perfect arch, she thinks it is ME that is abnormal. What bothers me more is that there are so many shoes that do not look good with flat feet, especially heels. And I am so crazy about women's feet looking pretty. I imagine it bothers you too.

• yup, it bothers me too. I hv to chose my shoes carefully, and most heels dnt work.

What Girls Said 2

• Any shoes that don't have an arch. I have the same problem. :)

- B

• you buy orthotics for your shoes. They support flat feet and you can slip them pretty much into any shoe :)

• what? are you serious? what country are you in.. maybe they call them something different?

buy them online and get them shipped over

• i am from the caribbean, a lot of things aren't here. we don't even have those big malls and macdonalds and other fast food place, or like foot locker or pay less. I guess I have to order it.