Is my head scarf retro chic or does it make me look like an old lady?

I was hanging out with two of my friends. My girlie-vintage friend told me my scarf looked very retro chic and that she liked it, but my hipster friend told me I looked like an old lady.

If you can't tell, it's brown with a pink and orange floral print. My hair is up in a ponytail.

link

link

Is this look less old lady ish? Or do I just epic fail and need to put the scarf away now?

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Gypsy chic.

• Eastern European chic.

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out

They leave the west behind

And Moscow girls make me sing and shout

That Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind

What Guys Said 9

• Not trying to be mean, but honestly it looks like an old lady, or at the very least like a cast-off, hermit type. The way you have it in your profile picture has a younger look to it. Anything beyond that is too much scarf in the hair.

• Sorry but: old lady!

It's more the fabric size and shape of the scarf that do the old lady vibe. Well I guess the floral print hels out a little. But yeah pretty 1950's grandma.

So if you want to name it it's gonna be: retro-granny chic look.

• Neither. I'd say it's more of a "bleeding head wound" look.

• Second one doesn't look as good, I don't think, first ones badass. But it is old lady-ish, but like... In a good way, you know? Like, gypsy stuff.

• I love the pidgeonholing people lol

To me it looks like something middle eastern. And something that maybe a woman a little bit older than you might wear and pull off.

• very cute

• you look like a grandma

• not going to lie, grandma fo sho.

• Old lady.

What Girls Said 5

• i'm not gonna sugar coat this...put that away...and don't speak of it ever again,if someone mentions it...it NEVER happened,NEVER.you know who wears that in my country?old ladies that work on farms and they wear it not cause it looks good,cause they need it to keep the hair out of their face.

• I've NEVER seen someone wear a scarf on their head like that, or claim its "retro"..made me giggle a bit. In my opinion it does look a little oldlady like. If you like it wear it, maybe it'll catch on ? better to be unique then plain and boring, anyday.

• This is where I got the idea: link

But if I'm doing it wrong, then how do you wear one correctly?

• Ah, I see. Yours looks a bit different, were you using a scarf like hers (square) or rectangle ?.. I don't know honestly, I'm not the best to ask.

• I'm on the 'better to be unique than plain and boring, anyday'. Especially if you do it by accident

• I've seen some girls wear this look, but the scarf was in contrast with the color of their hair, and it really suited them.

It really doesn't suite you. I think you'd look good in a bun though. Like a sexy strict librarian sort of chic! x)

• Personally, I don't like it.

But I don't think it make you look like an old lady, either.

• put it away.