Are beautiful girls/women treated better regardless how the act?

To be specific I mean by job opportunities,dating,luck with guys, etc.. Another example would be that famous saying about guys being a sucker for a pretty face. Its as if they would do anything for a "hot" girl/woman.

Is there a scientific explanation or psychological explanation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Quote:

Pretty women and handsome men are paid more than their less good looking counterparts because they are worth it, claim scientists: But they believe it may not be simply down to bosses lusting after beautiful members of staff, it may actually be because they are easier to work with and better educated. Psychologists think good looking employees are often more confident as a result of their attractiveness and therefore shine and stand out in the office. It also leads to them being better qualified.

Read it all here: link

Unquote

In short, if you're goodlooking you'll be more confident and better communicate with other people and your boss likes that.

• yeah, just act like you're good looking and the riches will follow. lol

• "beautiful members of staff better educated." ? How do they explain a link between beautiful and better educated? "Less beautiful LOOKS gross" maybe?

What Guys Said 10

• I'm considered attractive to most girls. Yet I don't date the hot girls.

I date decent girls or cute girls, not model material.

yet they treat me like sh_t when I treated them to the best of my ability and never hurt them physically or mentally.

So all girls are lil'sh_ts who are immature and treat a guy who gives them their best like crap.

Then they all came back crawling with their hands like a zombie wanting to talk.

It's a sad world of people we have today.

• Today? I don't think it was much different 2000 years ago.

• The wife of Greek philosopher Socrates (4th cetury before Christ), Xantippe was called a biatch by Xenophon (another Greek living then): link .We'll never now if Xenophon was a liar. LOL.

• No offense buddy, but you need to quit with the complaining. If someone treats you like #@%$ then don't give them the time of day. Doesn't really matter what they look like. Be a man, tell them there being an ass and move on. Chances are nobody else has had the balls to tell them anyway.

• I would not treat a rude person nicely. Who cares if they are beautiful. There is no reasons to be disrespectful.

• Yes. Not even beautiful girls... the vast majority of girls get treated better.

• Yes, beautiful people are more successful and they're treated better. Its just a fact. They are treated better because of obvious reasons and because they are generally more confident. Some people get angry about it. But if you can't beat'em join 'em. There is surgery if you feel like you're less than complete physically. There is nothing wrong with taking this route if the end result is you being happy with yourself. Point is confidence. If you are comfortable with you, you'll be more confident. Just a thought.

• It's all situational, but I guess in general they probably do

• Yep, the same goes for beautiful guys also though.

• Yes, when it comes to how most men treat women.

But regular women won't treat "beautiful women" better than an ugly woman...

• Yes beautiful people of both genders have the world handed to them on a silver platter. The rest of us can change that if we want.

• Not for me I treat everyone I don't know like an idiot regardless of how they look

• I care more about a hot body than a pretty face. I'd date any butter face if she was short and petite and had a nice a**.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't agree with this. You really need a good personality to back that sh*t up, else you're as screwed as a not so attractive person.

• Dont agree. If a girl is the typical ?hot blonde?, dumb, stupid, BUT hot, as I said, most guys would still want to do her without thinking twice. Apply that to nice looking or ?hot? guys...just doesn't work, then THATS a turn off for girls, most, at least.

• I think in some situations this is true, but sometimes guys just want a pretty girl, and the girl could end up being used just because she's pretty.

• Maybe true but just for a period of time. If they proved to have some personality with this amazing look then great. If not, people would't be interested to indulge them more.

• Handsome men and beautiful women aren't always as confident, as you might think they should be. They may be lacking in any number of social qualities. These things tend to even up the odds when dealing with other people, job hunting or dating. Nobodies perfect.

But of course, beautiful, confident, social and intelligent men and women, will always have an advantage over confident, social and intelligent men and women.

That's life.

• If you want you could even up the odds by making everyone put a bag over their head, but that does mean EVERYONE, men included.