Blonde or brunette?

So I think the whole thing about blondes being stupid and stuff Is obviously a load of bull. I've met plenty of ditzy brunettes as well as ditzy blondes as well as ditzy redheads! But I was just curious why so many girls think that guys only like blondes and why so many guys say they only like brunettes? I mean you read the questions on here And it's either a brunette asking about dying her hair blond an guys saying No! because brown is better. So I'm just kinda confused... Do people really think that if your blond your not as smart? And if your brunette then you automatically aren't ditzy? Because it seems like a lot of guys hate on blondes now because of the steryotype put on them as ditzy sex Objects.. Thanks for feedback guys and girls! =)

Most Helpful Guy

• The stereotype that blond girls are ditzy could arise from the following:

1. Girls who dye their hair a different color may very well be ditzier on average than girls who don't. Not saying all are ditzy, but something like this could be happening: 70% of ditzy girls dye their hair blond, only 50% of not ditzy girls do. Therefore, girls with dyed hair are, on average, ditzier than girls with not-dyed hair.

2. Majority of blondes in the USA are not naturally blond. So a higher proportion of blondes are girls who dye their hair.

3. Therefore, because most blondes in US are girls who dye their hair, and that girls who dye their hair are ditzier than average, blondes in the US are ditzier than average.

And thus a stereotype is born.

• Lol where'd you get those statistics? I see your point tho. But at the same time... Dying your hair doesn't make you ditzy. Lol...

• The statistics for the percentage of ditziness were made up. I was just giving them as an example of something that could be happening - that girls who dye their hair are disproportionately ditzy.

I'm not suggesting that dyeing your hair makes you ditzy. I'm saying that ditzy girls are more likely to dye their hair, and thus girls with dyed hair are more likely to be ditzy. If you're not a ditz, and you dye your hair, you don't magically become a ditz.

• Lol. I follow your logic. Just a bit of generalizing lol(: thanks for your reply tho!

What Guys Said 7

• I prefer brunette :P not because of the blond stereotypes, but just because it's more attractive to me

• also for some reason, blonds are more intimidating to me lol

• Hahah okay. Well I am outgoing so I'd prob scare u.

• It doesn't matter. I don't think blonds are dumb. Personally, I say I like brunettes because I have brown hair.

• I see(: ha ha that's funny cz I like brunette guys and I'm a blonde!(: loll

• wow fail scratch the darker^ part. I didn't proof read

• Haha it's fine lol. And same here. I'm still an obvious blond just not the towhead I was. The sun totally makes it light tho.

• I would say that's just a stereo type

like all muslims are terrorists

or all jews are cheap or any thing stupid like that

my friend who is a blond is one of those girls who is great at everything (she doesn't exaggerate at all) but she really is great at everything, even physics!

and I don't hate on blondes because they seem 'ditzy' or like brunettes better because they aren't

• Thanks for your reply!(:

• Yes, I think hair colour has an influence on people's IQ, when brunnetes die their hair they lost 30 IQ points

• Lol. I agree I prefer natural hair colour. But if your a natural blond or brunette it doesn't make a differnce right?

• although I tend to be more attracted to blond girls

• Yes I totally understand natural attraction. Jut don't get the false generalization either way toward blondes or brunettes. I personally am a allnatural blonde(:

• An attractive woman looks good no matter what the hair color. My wife has blond hair and is one of the smartest people I know.

• Here! Here! Lol(: hopefully my husband will say the same bout me some day lol

• Personally I do prefer blondes and redheads but that doesn't mean anything, brunettes can be just as attractive ( the preference is very slight.. I wouldn't even call it a preference). so obviously I don't believe the stereotypes

• ThaMms for the feed back. Glad to kno there are some of you out there(:

• I don't know why, but I've always felt more comfortable around brunettes.

• I'm not trying to say your shallow.. But doesn't that kind of sound shallow? I mean I'm just wondering if you feel that way because of the LABEL put on blondes... Because otherwise why would hair really matter? => thanks for reply tho!

• I think I'll go out of my way to find a blond woman to ask out, as soon as I'm ready.

• Lol do it(: hAha. A long S you do it for her personality and the blond hair as a bonus(;; lol

What Girls Said 5

• I prefer being blond and, yeah, people do make blond jokes and a lot of people think I'm dumb. I don't think it's because of the hair but because I'm happy and silly. It's funny, I'm usually smarter than the people that think I'm stupid.. at least *I* can tell the difference between there, their and they're.

• Haha agreed! I mean I'm straight As and honors. But I'm very outgoing.

• I saw most people on this website when there's questions like this say brunette..but who cares it's a hair color and doesn't define who you are..There are blondes WAYYY smarter than me

• It's a god damn hair colour, it isn't a deciding factor as to whether you're hot or not. All of the girls agonizing over it need to quit being so narcissistic.

• Fake blondes(bottle blondes) add the negative stereotype.

They are the ones who choose to act ditsy or just are

• Yes. I think media added to the stereotype as well..

• I was blond a few weeks ago and recently dyed my hair a light brown. Most guys didn't even notice haha.

• why do you say that? Do you expect them to tell you, "hey your hair is different"?

• Okay.. I ALWAYS notice.

• Okay Shaun.(: good to kno there are some observant guys out there(: