Would you rather have skin that was flawed but real or perfect but obviously made-up?

My best friend always has perfect looking skin. She uses the Temptu airbrush machine. From a distance she looks absolutely flawless, but once you get closer you can see that she's definitely got a lot of makeup on.

I use a light mineral makeup. It evens out my skin tone and covers up major flaws, but you can still see my freckles, a few large pores, and some light pink acne scars.

My friend has let me use her airbrush makeup and it makes ALL of my flaws disappear. I like the flawless skin look, but I'm hesitant to go out looking like I caked my face with makeup.

What do you think, should I buy an airbrush machine?

If you want to judge, in all of my pictures I'm wearing the mineral makeup I normally do.

In this video I had my makeup done with the Temptu machine: link

The machine is somewhere around $250-$300, plus it's $60 for every foundation pod.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really up to you and what you're more comfortable in. If you're more confidant with the airbrush then go with it. If you aren't, or if you just don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars, then don't. Admittedly, I do think you look a little shiny in the video but that may just be the lighting or the video quality.

Personally, I think girls generally look best with light makeup that just accents their features a little bit. I find it a bit of a turn off if a girl's make up is visibly caked on. For example, I have a friend who, when she's done up, looks gorgeous from across the room but when you get closer to her she looks like her makeup was done by a mortician. When, she does it a little lighter, she looks much better close up and it doesn't really dramatically effect how she looks from a distance.

What Guys Said 4

• Natural would do it for me every single! time!

• Both. Both are interesting. Like, I like flaws in the skin, I really do. 'Flaws', right? Interesting skin is what really turns me on. Buuut, at the same time, I love makeup, and that machine sounds faaascinating. So I could talk to her about that, and that'd be amazing. And proper antique roman flawlessness would be interesting too, because its just, like, almost inhuman, right?

So, either or. If you get an airbrush machine, mix it up, yeah? I wouldn't wear it every day

• flawed but real

• Flawed but real and plus 300 bucks hell no

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly... perfect.

• I don't think anything is wrong with having very light makeup or fairly heavier makeup.Thats her choice or your choice.Do what you feel comfortable in.If you're comfortable in your mineral makeup then continue using it. :)

• Perfect but obviously made-up.

But that's just me .

• I love the natural look on every single person. I absolutely dislike anything fake no matter how perfect it looks.

• No make up for me :) I just don't like the concept of putting crap on my face to impress other people. I'm completely comfortable with what my face looks like, acne and all, and I want others to see that.

Also that is a LOT of money for a face-crap applicator :/ Spend it on books or something instead.

• prefect

there's nothing wrong with makeup. I don't know why girls turn up their noses at other girls who wear make up. I mean what is the big deal? I'm not saying you are one of those girls. but so many girls on here ask questions that make it seem they think they're better than girls with make up, but I think they're just jealous because they're ugly with or without makeup

sorry for the little mini rant. just so many make up questions or rather lack of make up

• Thank youuu! I could swear some girls on here have a foot up their butts because they do not wear makeup, although it's not aimed at you QA, just in general

• Ugh, I'm with you guys, I hate that. I hate guys who think they have superior taste for liking 'natural' girls, too.