You speak a lot smarter than you look.

What does it mean when a guy says this ^^ its a bit rude no? he said it was a compliment later but still...

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know quite how old you are, but soon as I read your topic I knew the guy who said it was young. I'm guessing this boy is 15 or 16 isn't he?

It sounds just like something I would have said to girls when I was a kid. He was just trying to be clever and tease you. He just isn't old enough or experienced enough to know how to tease in a way that's fun instead of insulting.

• Not true. I had quite a silver-tongue when I was 15-16. Especially, for 15-16 year old girls.

• yeah that makes sense to me. and the guy is 16/17

• Yeah...the tip-off was that he came back to make sure she knew it was a compliment afterward. Definitely not a silver-tongued type of guy.

What Guys Said 3

• It means you look superficial and ditsy. He didn't expect you to say anything intelligent and thus it is only an insult.

• Say, "that's interesting because you're dumber than I tell people."

• Wow. That guy is way too easy to make fun of. First that was a grammar fail right there. So he ain't very smart either. Next time you see him correct his grammar and tell him 'You look smarter than you are'.

What Girls Said 5

• It means... you look stupid, but you speak intelligently. Or, you come off as intelligent only when you speak.

It was an insult, shame on him!

• Maybe you're pretty but you don't look smart. Once he hears you talking, he might think that you're not just pretty but smart too.

• Maybe he has this idea that cute girls can't be smart?

• it is rude. he's like saying you looked dumb but I found out you're not. it's a backhanded compliment and I would check him for that.

• haha Maybe you're beautiful and guys have a misconception that beautiful girls are dumb. So, you broke that misconception ;)