What does "cute" mean to you?

When a girl says, "Awh you're so cute." or "you're so adorable." is it insulting to you, or is it a compliment. Does it feel like we emasculate you guys?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• To me, it means, roughly, "Well, I'm never going to f*** you." It feels like she doesn't see me as a man, but rather as a boy. So yes, it is emasculating. But also informative - if she says something like that, I'm pretty sure she's not interested in me.

• This question gets asked fairly frequently and while I personally take it as a compliment, it seems that a number of guys do take offense so use with caution. When in doubt, go with a different compliment.

• Insulting? No. It makes me wish I had the ability to grow facial hair and look older. I guess it's better than being called ugly.

• It's an outright verbal lashing.

• I don't mind being called cute... I look young for my age so I take it as a compliment. When I am 40 I'll still look like I'm in my early 30s so I am pretty satisfied with looking young and "cute".

• It's a huge compliment to me.

• It's a compliment showing that the girl is having a good time with me... I think

• I don't think it's emasculating.. I take it as a compliment. I guess it kind of depends on the way the girl says it.. but I think in most cases guys would have to see it as a good thing.

What Girls Said 2

• I told that once, because he was so so cute :)

after that, he refrained from me, probably I had hurt his confidence. Of course if you say it 30 year old lawyer, that wouldn't be nice to him isn't it? haha.

But, all I meant was he was cute like a teddy bear that I used to hug when I was a child, he gave me that warm feeling.

• exactly ! , I would be like "awh you're so adroable. ! " & they'd just like ... I don't know look super down after that . and I mean it as a compliment. like they're a teddy bear and I just want to hug them 1!

• i told a guy he was cute after he called me hot. I think he took it as me not liking him as more than a friend, when I really meant that he was good looking, and I wouldn't mind hugging him.