How do girls feel about "emo" guys?

I listen to emo, dress the part, and am an emotional kind of guy. Do girls like this? I'm not saying I'm ever going to change if they don't, just want some perspectives.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can not understand why we expect men to be emotionless just like animals hehe.We came to this world with our parents emotion.Guys you can not deny existence of half of your body that comes from your emotional mother.I think both girls and boys must have emotion but in normal range not excessive.Our problem is that we think men have to be without emotion and military is built for men only and on the other side women must be full of emotion .Thats wrong.Both must be in balance.Who said men do not have to cry.!?They have to as psychology science today proves that cry helps us to empty our pains inside and helps us to calm down and not become crazy or have psychological disorders.God did NOT create tears only as special gift for women when we were born hehe.LOL

What Girls Said 7

• it's hard to answer this. I mean, I guess I like the look. I don't like the emo "stereotype" like the whole "cheer up emo kid" idea of always crying and hating themselves and being just an emotional wreck 24/7. people seriously need to relax in the emo world. I don't get the whole making out with other guys thing either. idk. this is just going off the emo stereotypes. maybe you should explain exactly what makes you emo, I guess. idk.

• Personally, I don't like this - the music taste is fine because I don't judge people on that, but I know some emos and would never be attracted to them. This is just my opinion though. I have a friend who really likes the type of guy that you are, so there are definitely girls out there for you.

• I like them ,i think there very cute I love the hair and the whole style is just sexy I love how there not afraid to show there emotions but some of them take it way tooo far like crying over the littlest things but the one I'm dating now all I have to say is wow (in the best way :P). Some of the things I don't is when there pants are tighter then mine lol. That's my only problem and I like most of there music but scremo scares me lol

• Personally, I think emo boys are the sexiest thing to ever have walked the planet, even though by looking at me you'd never ever ever guess that I think that. We need more emo boys like you in this world:)

• What is 'emo' anyway? Kinda like a "McLovin" type?

• No dude emo is I hate the world I am going to cut myself and cry in the corner because the big kids are picking on me, oh and don't forget you have to be thin like a girl, to where your built like a twig, who crys and makes out with other guys, yeah I would think that's being gay but apparently its being emo, emotional children is basically what it means. Why guys think its ok to be emo blows my mind, I mean women want a guy whos well a guy makes decisions himself and doesn't cry about.

• emo boys are like the hottest things alive in this earth but I don't like them if they cut themselves or hate themselves or whine all the time. I like those emo guys who are connected to their feelings who can be a little over-emotional sometimes.

• i love emo and goth guys but the emo part that I fyou cut or anything not loving that

• too emo, I don't like.

but a little emo is okay.

its pretty cute when guys are a little emo.

What Guys Said 5

• The only emo guys that get girls are in rock bands and on mtv. I never understood why it was cool to wear girl pants, hell I couldn't fit in girl pants if I tried, why is it cool going around saying how depressed you are and crying about it? Come on are you serious with this emo crap? Emos are weird and people like me, normal people make fun of them because well there emo and a built like a stick so there's not much they can do about it except sit in corner and cry. Good luck trying to get a good paying job unless your in a successful rock band being emo.

• You'll grow out of it.

Eventually you'll want to appear more professional and look normal rather then fashionable.

Also, every guy that is 22 years and up thinks you are the biggest p**** in the world. Don't take this as an attack, but take it into consideration.

• No matter what kind of guy you are there will always be girls that are into your type.

• True, since every one is different. there are girls who like it and who don't or in between

• You don't want to be emo if your want a girlfriend unless your girlfriend is emo to, but as long as you dress like a normal person as in I would say 95% of the USA, then your good, hell I am freaking red neck pretty much, I wear boots, have a belt buckle and girls don't care in fact they like that I am who I am and I don't give a crap if anyone says otherwise and I get normal looking hot girls all the time but emo no you won't get girls I have yet to see a hot girl with an emo guy, that's just how it is.

• Could you define "EMO" for me. I would feel better about trying to advise you if I knew who/what "Emo" was/is.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with being sensitive. Unfortunately, where you show sensitivity before women, men are and usually take that as a weakness. You have to walk a fine line. Some women like sensitive. I believe it is a maturity thing. And if you feel that sensitivity is going to monopolize you time. you might want to think of something else.

But, who/what "Emo" was/is. Give me an Idea.

• i don't think it's the style,but I don't like emo girls because emo people are kinda disgraceful.i don't know if this helps you at all but some girls see it that way too