Does it really matter where girls get their clothes?

i have one friend who only shops at designer places like coach, hermes, louis vuitton, kate spade, Betsey Johnson, and juicy couture. she says guys are bound to like her more because her designer clothing means she takes good care of herself.

i don't think that's true, though. I shop at normal mall stores like forever 21, banana republic, American eagle, and guys have never mentioned my clothes before or seemed to care.

and I have one friend who shops at thrift stores and the goodwill and even makes some of her own clothes and guys really like her.

Most Helpful Guy

• Granted, I'm a little older than you are, but labels don't make a lick of difference to me. To me, Coach was a television show in the 80's, Hermes was a Greek god, and Juicy Couture was a stripper at the local peeler bar. The only one I had heard of was Louis Vuitton and, like Shane, I only knew that one because it's famous.

The stores you shop at, however, I've heard of every one of them. Not only will they look good, but since they're not high-ticket designer labels, you won't be written off as a high maintenance girl because of it. Same goes for your friend. Guys like a girl who can look good without spending a Pentagon-grade budget. It means that, if we date you, we won't need to get a second job as a world-famous rock star or an international coke dealer to pay for a day at the mall.

What Guys Said 13

• Guys will not care about labels. It's always nice if the girl is well dressed, but we couldn't possibly care less about where the clothes come from.

• If a guy knows coach, hermes, louis vuitton, kate spade, betsey johnson, and juicy couture by looking at you then I can tell you he isn't interested in girls. I don;t even know what these stores are except louis vuitton because it is pretty famous. I have a hood rich friend who buys 100-200 dollar shirts when his ass doesn't even have a job and I just laugh at him. The most I ever payed for a t shirt is 50 and I felt dumb.

• Guys don't give a damn about labels tbh. We care about how you look...but the "designer" label doesn't do anything for me.

Give me the same look of designer clothes w/o ACTUALLY being designer...guys won't be able to tell the difference. Even IF they did...most of them wouldn't care.

Don't get caught into buying fancy sh*t to impress guys. Focus on the style rather than the designer & cost of your attire. :)

• No, not really. Guys don't really notice/care what kind of clothes you wear, we only see the overall result. Girls seem to buy designer clothes just to compete with other girls.

• Nope it does not matter to me. I think the clothes people wear are over rated. It is cheaper to get just anything.

• Your friend who shops at thrift stores sounds really cool, mainly because to me it says she's confident and non materialistic and does not give a sh*t if anyone judges her. But to answer your question, we really don't care, if it looks good it looks good :)

• lol nope.

It's not like we're gonna say "hey wait let me check that label on your clothes..ohhh crap sorry can't talk to you it's got the wrong name" haha

• i only care if its some designer sh*t and you're getting it just for the label, that actually pisses me off when girls do that.

• guys view woman and clothes as high maintaince vs bargain buyer. at the end guys don't care what you wear as long as you look hot.

• It's more about the person in the clothes than the clothes themselves. A hot girl could wear a potato sack and get attention from guys. Albeit, possibly from the wrong type of guy, but guys none the less.

• I look at the face not the clothes and when I do look at your clothes brand names don't mean anything just dress for your body type

• its about how much $ you have. not necessarily where you shop

• no

What Girls Said 4

• yea, your friend is a moron. majority of guys don't care about clothing manufacturers- just if it looks good on the body :p

• To guys, I don't think it matters. But I like shopping at designers just for my own taste. I also like places like forever21. I like to change my style alot.

• As far as I've noticed is that guys tend not to give sh*t what you wear as long as it looks good on you and suits you. I know a lot of girls that are very rich and buy all the brands but still look cheap and unattractive, most of my clothes are super cheap and guys seem to like them :P

• Gay waste of money. Guys could care less.