How often and when should you weigh yourself?

Any tips, advice, etc? The exercise portion and dieting are good, just need a good time to weigh in.

Most Helpful Guy

• Once a week sounds good to observe significant results, I guess.

What Girls Said 7

• i would generally weigh myself once a week. make sure to do it on the same day each week and around the same time of day. that's the way to get the most accuarate measurement. I set an alarm on my phone so I don't forget.

• how successful have you been with your weight loss?

• Right on! Yeah I'm 207-205 right now, and trying to drop 20 lbs before July hits. Running 3 miles a day, but my dieting has been a tad off.

• thats where I'm at right now too. well you should be able to do it by July, especially if you are running like that. I diet strictly so I don't do that much excercising. so I guess we are opposites lol

• If you are trying to lose or gain weight you should weigh yourself once a week at the same time and day. Your weight fluctuates throughout the day and your more likely to get the best results if you weigh at the same time of the day.

• I don't really weigh myself because:

a) I can't be bothered and

b) I don't give a sh*t if I put on/loose a bit of weight.

As long as I can still fit into my clothes, it's all good. I weigh myself maybe two/three times a year.

• I weigh almost everyday.

• once a week, the same day and at the same time, e.g. Friday, 8:30 am.

• ehe, every year

• I tend to weigh myself once a week around the same time of day- and I do it in my underwear because clothes can affect the scale slightly. Of course, you have to remember that other things can make your weight fluctuate as well- retaining water, if you've had an overly large meal, if you've been building muscle etc. I wouldn't obsess over every little pound, it's the big picture that counts- are you losing body inches and feeling healthier? Remember that while you might be burning some fat, you're busy gaining muscle and your loss in pounds might not reflect your loss in inches or how you feel eg. you drop a pants size, you have a lot better stamina, you feel a lot stronger etc. Think of weighing in as only part of assessing your results, not the one and only method of determining if you've reached your goal. Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• If you're on a weight-loss program, I recommend weighing yourself every time you lose five pounds. ; - )

• it is a weight loss program. its strictly weight loss. running 3+ miles 5 days a week.

• In that case, only weigh yourself each time you lose 10 pounds. This way you can spend more time running.

• Every day.

It helps you better determine what your metabolism is like, where the weight is coming form/going, and what dietary plans are working best.

For instance:

I'm a smaller guy trying to gain muscle.

If I lose 5lbs in one day, I know I didn't eat enough the previous day. If I gain more than 0.5 lbs in one day, I look at what I did to get that gain and determine whether it's water weight or something more solid.

• Depends on if you have congestive heart failure or not.