What do you think of dermal anchors?

I just recently got one dermal anchor under each collarbone. A dermal anchor is a type of body piercing. The piercer takes a dermal punch, (similar to a mini apple corer or a circular cookie cutter) and cuts a hole in the skin. They then take a needle a taper a pocket under the skin for the foot of the dermal jewelry. The jewelry has a ball that you can see above the skin and the foot has holes in it so that your tissue can grow through it.

Thanks for your imput everyone. I still love them and think that they look great!

Most Helpful Guy

• I like them, but when you describe the process in detail it's clearly off putting to some guys (i.e. everyone who posted below me). It's not as bad as it sounds and I think they look good.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds absolutely idiotic.

• Pointless.

• that is definitely

One of the

Dumbest things I have heard

That someone did to themselves

And for what reason?

I feel your answer to this question might be dumber than getting the piercing itself

What Girls Said 5

• I like them on certain people. I don't personally have one myself, but I've been considering getting one, or a set.

• I honestly love them. I think they're so cute. I wanted microdermal piercings where my back dimples are but to get rid of the piercing is a real bitch. I hear it's so incredibly painful since they have to like dig into your skin or whatever so I choose not to get it done at the moment.

• I have 6 but mine was not done that way and my jewelry lays flat against my body to lessen the chance of catching it on anything.

• I think it's stupid but hey, it's your body, do what you want and like. No one elses opinion should matter.

• ouch. :/