Does a tattoo give you a "permanent look" ?

A few of us got together for the first time in a few years and we had a picture taken. My friend's girlfriend (on the left) was going to blow this picture up and put it on her desk at work, but she said my "permanent look" ruined the picture...she didn't want her co-workers and boss to see the playboy bunny logo... we argued and I said that my bunnies are part of me, not part of any "look"...it's not like I can put the bunnies on in the morning and take them off at night, they are permanently part of me. What do you think ?

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh...I forgot about that bunnies are a symbol associated with the p*rn business. Good point. That's a tough situation. How big are the bunny tattoos? You might just have to tell people who think you're involved with p*rn business because of tattoos that you're not involved with the p*rn business. Also, if that person has those thoughts then there's sort of nothing you can do about that except ignore them or find something about them to dog them for. Hope this kind of helps and best of luck.

• Unfortunately my bunnies are about 4" big, and they can be seen across the room without any doubt to what it is I'm wearing. I deal with it by thinking I'm simply wearing a playboy bunny t-shirt that I can't ever take off, and people wear shirts with logos all the time.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell her to first edit your tattoo out.

• Heh, that's kind of what she drew a band in black permanent marker over the bunny. It looks like a really bad thick tribal, and doesn't even blend into the picture. I think it looks worse and is like 'what'sup with that' but she likes it...

What Guys Said 3

• I guess it really depends on the person who has taken an offense to it. Like you said: bunnies are a part of you. Your tattoo isn't an evil killer bunny is it? Also it depends on where the tattoo is located on the person's body as well. If people can see it then they can't really say anything. If they can see it then that gives people an opportunity to say something. However, tattoos can give a person a permanent look depending on the tattoo. For example, if a white male has a German Nazi symbol with thunderbolts around it on their arm, there are some chances that people would believe that individual was part of a Nazi group, army, or cult. Some tattoos can give a person a permanent look, but it depends on the type of tattoo. Some permanent looks aren't bad or present a bad image. Hope my advice can help and best of luck resolving your issue. Tell me how it goes okay!

• My bunnies are on my arms, so they are pretty visible wearing tanks, and the bow is visible wearing short sleeves. I tattooed them thinking it would be kind of fun in a playful way, but now I realize may people see the logo as a negative connotation associated with p*rn.

• Thanks for awarding me the best answer! I really appreciate it! I wouldn't worry about people judging you for your tattoos. You did get the bunny tattoos for a reason and that reason is not associated with the Playboy Association. Hope this can help and best of luck with your tattoo situation.

• If she thinks your not good enough for her desk, because of something that you've chosen for yourself, I wouldn't wanna be on her desk, man. I'd take that as quite a serious insult, saying an element of your own chosen discipline ruins photographs. Thats, like... So unhip

• Thanks, that's how I feel, but she just doesn't want the questions of "who's the guy with the playboy bunny?" all day...I say it's not your problem.

• Ugh... See, that's kind of different. Its still unhip, but she must just be someone who is really concerned about the opinions of others, and by which point I'd already have accepted that about her. But I dunno, its certainly not the first thing I'd notice, I probably wouldn't even realize it was a bunny.