Should I shave my legs?

My boyfriend is always telling me to shave my legs, but I have a deep phobia of razors and wax and that sponge off stuff! What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Nothing better then a pair of shaved legs :)

ever try an electric razor?...It'll never be as good though...Or I guess you could invest in laser treatment.

Whats with the phobia anyways?

• You should not be doing this for HIM or anyone else. You should do this for yourself. Hairy legs on a girl are the 2nd biggest turnoff in terms of hair.

• HOLY SHIT! Hairy legs to women are f***ing nasty. Being a woman requires sacrificies to get or be beautiful. You should try making this sacrifice not for him but for you mostly ;)

• You could get it laser removed? Certainly more expensive, but it lasts for years and years.

• Find a boy who's into hairy legs.

What Girls Said 4

• maybe try rubbing it off with some fine sandpaper. If you have ever seen "smooth away" it's the same thing. It takes hours to work and the paper wears out, but it leaves your legs really soft. Also you might want to try "sugaring" it is less painful than waxing ( link First you should find out why you have this phobia, because then you can figure out ways around it. Are you afraid of the pain? Or do not like the idea of hairless legs? Maybe you feel like your hair is part of you, and to remove it you will loose some of yourself? Also I wouldn't recommend Nair, or chemical hair removal products, they are not healthy. And lasers can leave you scarred, and will only work with dark hair and white skin. Rasors are totally painless, just take your time with it, and be light around your knees and ankles. The more blades the better and a secret is Kirk's castile soap is cheap and foams up just like shaving cream.

• Hmmm...After giving this some thought, I think that there is something that you can do about this "phobia." You actually said it yourself, you have a "phobia," which means you need to see a therapist to eliminate your phobia of one or more of these items. I would work of razors & wax. If you've never shaved, go for the wax. But do what makes you feel best. You could probably do this in less than 10 sessions. Call around until you find someone who specializes in phobia treatments.

Once you take care of this it will be taken care of forever. Gone! Doesn't that sound great?

• How about get some Hairy removal cream? Or have you get a phobia of that too? If so lazor treatment, I hear it's cheaper now.

• As long as you use shaving cream, a razor will do absolutely no harm to you.