Guy calls a girl 'beautiful'.. why?

i went to a work party (where there was alcohol) and a guy there told me I was beautiful. what does this mean? I know he is semi-interested in another girl (who doesn't work there with us, so I don't know her), so why would he say that? he doesn't seem that interested in me at all. we hardly speak at work.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he thinks you're beautiful, and that's it. He might've had that thought floating around but alcohol helped him say it. It could be that he's interested in you, but there just isn't much evidence to support that.

What Guys Said 1

• Drunk Thoughts, Sober Words

What Girls Said 3

• i believe he just gave you a compliment saying you are nice looking but he doesn't like you, but likes the other girl if he pays more attention to her

• The alcohol gave him courage to say what he really thought. Just because he doesn't seem into you doesn't mean he can't think you're beautiful. He had no reason to say that if he didn treally think it

• drunken words are sober thoughts