How do I get my hair to stay back?

i use pomade or some sh*t but its gross. makes my hair greasy and it doesn't even work well. my hair is straight but its REALLY thick, so hard to style. I get it thinned out. girls must know some kind of product that can get my hair to stand up/stay back. I'm willing to pay for a higher end product that WORKS. I've read that a lot of male models use Paul mitchels sculpting foam but I can't find it around here. do you know of any commonly found products like that. I think I want mousse because its not greasy looking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a nice salon and get a pretty good cut, it'll probably run you like $100 if it's priced anything like a girls. Don't worry, once you have the cut you can go to the cheeper places and just ask them to trim it in the same style if you can't afford the pricey places. When you're there tell the woman doing your hair you want something that will stay back and ask what products to use and how. Beauticians at those places are trained to know what looks best for your face and should be able to do a good job. Good luck :)

What Girls Said 4

• Use strong gel or hairspray. You're better off using something really strong, and only using enough to make it stay. Also, they can get a little crunchy, but at least they're not greasy and they actually work. And usually with really thick hair, they don't look as crunchy.

• yes I would rather it look crunchy than greasy

• i don't know any brands or products but I think you should try putting mousse and blow dry it the way you want your hair to go. until it fully dries.

• When it's longer it wayyy easier to stay back. When it's short it just pops up again.

• Hair glue, sculpting creams, hair spray.

What Guys Said 1

• I had the same style for nearly a year, and changed it around the beginning of spring. This may not work for you, but this is how I did it. First, make sure your hair is wet, damp more specifically. Use a low hold gell on your hair while its damp. Grab a blow dryer and round brush, and just push it back. Then use a styling cream (usually they have a consistency similar to conditioner) mixed with a hair wax (similar to pomade). There should be more wax than cream. Mix them together in your hand and just run it through your hair (it should be dry before you do this of course). Remember to run it over the top of your hair, not down at the roots.