Hair- straight

How can you keep your hair straight all day long( mine doesn't even last until I get to school!)

Most Helpful Girl

• First, make sure you have a salon quality straightener that actually gets the heat to the atomic level, not something from a drug store. They don't get nearly hot enough to affect the chemical bonds that cause our hair to curl/straighten. And it is all at the chem. level, trust me. All a perm or straightener is at a salon is a sulfide solution that messes with the bonds.

Then, definitely pick up some good products. Get a straightening shampoo, like Sexy Hair Concept's Straight Shampoo & Conditioner, and some of Redken's Straight Balm or Ultra Straight Balm. Trust me, it works. I use it daily. I would also recommend a volumizer, like Soma's volumizing spray, as your hair can lose it's body easily when straightened.

Then, use them! And definitely use some hairspray, I prefer Matrix (it's a black can, not sure of the name), and do it on a regular basis. Even if you have curly hair or wavy hair, you can train your hair to go straight.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Do you use a hair straightener? If you do and that's still not working I would try Frederic Fekkai's Summer Hair Zero-Humidity Frizz Control. It cuts down on the frizz and curling that comes from heat and humidity. If that doesn't work you should talk to your stylist about permanent straightening.

• usually your hair stops being straight when it is cold or when your hair is did. Try looking a your hair and see if you have dead ends. When you have dead ends and you straighten it it will not last long it will roll right back up. I know because I was the same way my hair was dead. Right now I have braids but when I was wearing my hair I straightened it and for like a hour or 2 it would straighten then it will roll back up. So I cut the dead parts of my hair and straightened it then all day it stayed striaightened even the next day. Also make sure you have the right pressing comb that is hot enough to straighten your hair but not too hot where it will burn. Also try using pressing cream. Put it on your hair then straighten it.

• Maybe you need some more powerful straighteners - GHDs are really good, but quite expensive compared to most brands. Or buy some serums designed especially for keeping your hair straight, I can't think of any specific products right now but I've seen them out there.

• I use a flat iron at night. Then I wait about 20 minutes for my hair to cool off because if I sleep with hot hair then it won't be straight. So after the 20 minutes or so, I go to sleep. I wake up in the morning with a slept-in straight hair look and my hair stays straight all day.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you. =)

• i use the pantene leave in conditioner and straighten it. blow dry it with a straightening brush

• well first of all, flat irons are really bad for your hair, so make sure you use the spray for it.

and the spray also keeps it straight.

it is a pantene pro-v product, sold at Walgreens, Walmart, Target, ect.

hope I helped.