How often should you wash your hair?

Daily? Every other day? Longer?

And if you don't wash it daily, do you shower daily? Do you wet your hair but not wash it? Or use a shower cap?

How do you make it not look greasy?

Yeah, just asking because people say that washing it too often isn't good for your hair. I have wavy/curly, medium length, dark blond hair and it tends to look a little greasy the day after washing.

115

Most Helpful Girl

• I shower and wash my hair every to every other day. On the off days I use Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray. It's a powder that you spray on your roots and work through your hair to soak up any oil or residue. It works wonders and you can get it at Sephora. The small bottle is $11 and the large is $23. Whatever you do, don't use the Ojon dry shampoo because the pumps are defective and break after one or two uses.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• I have African Hair, so while I shower everyday, I need to wear a shower cap.

I only wash the hair about twice a week.

Anything more will utterly destroy my hair.

Usually when my hair's dry, that's the only time it's not kinda greasy-looking.

But if it's evenly moisturized, it won't look as greasy or dry.

• I wash my hair every day (in the morning), unless I'm just bumming round the house by myself, in which case, every second day, or when it feels oily.

Palmolive Naturals shampoo works just fine for me :P

• i shower and wash my hair every morning when I get up. unless I'm running really late.

• If you find your hair is greasy and dirty then this will help a lot link

• well its good to wash it everyday, but skip the hair once in a while because it can damage the hair

What Girls Said 10

• I shower and wash my hair everyday, but there are times when there just isn't time for it. If your hair is blonde, it won't look as greasy as someone with dark hair, and baby powder at the roots and then some blow drying will help as well (little salon trick). There are products as well, and any stylist should be able to recommend them.

• it depends on your texture. Its not really good to wash your hair everyday because the scalp of your hair has natural oils and if you constantly keep washing out your hair everyday it will take out the natural oils. to make it not look greasy put on just a little bit of oil. The hair needs some kind of oil to be healthy. Not too much where its showing and dripping just a little bit on the scalp and the tips of your hair so it will not break off do it about once or twice a week and it will be fine you wil not see it if you put on a little bit. The hair has to have some kind of oil or you will have dandruff and your tips will be brittle and break off. wash out your hair about 2 times a week on a weekend or so and you will be fine.

• I shower my hair every day to every other day-- depending on what I did that day. If I was active and I got dirty, then I definitely wash it. If I was just kind of lounging around, then every other day.

I use Garnier Fructis. I think certain styling products can make hair look greasy, so I am careful as to what products I use.

• I wash my hair every other day, but shower everyday. On the days where I shower but don't wash my hair, I don't use a shower cap or anything, I just try not to get it wet. I heard washing it everyday is bad because it encourages the scalp to produce more oil, making it get greasier more easily.

• would deff. change your shampoo then. find a good one for your hair type and that says for greasy hair it should help.

• 1. wash your hair in the shower never the bath

2.wash it every other day so as not to damage it.

3. use shampoos and conditioners aimed towards your hair type.

• If you don't want your hair to look greasy, shower every day. But it's better for your scalp to wash every other day. I shower every other day unless I get really sweaty.

• i'd say everyother day

• Well I wash my hair every day, and I shower daily.

But it isn't healthy to wash it every day, but I just feel better.

to make the greasy-ness stop I use this spray made my pantene pro-v.

it works really good, and it even smells good.

If I don't use it, my hair gets greasy within an hour.

Its really heathy for your hair too.

its around nine dollars, for a bottle about the size of a regular hair spray bottle.

you can find it at Walgreens, Walmart, Target; pretty much anywere.

i know this because my sister in-law is a hair stylist.

hope I helped.

• I have fairly fine hair so it starts looking greasy pretty easily. I wash it daily so it doesn't look gross.