The "too cute" girl that just isn't right no matter how you look at it?

I'm the cute girl, pretty much. Sometimes hot. It seems like either I'm not good looking enough or too good looking and guys are afraid to approach me. What is with that?

If guys like good looking girls why won't they approach them? Are there any confident guys out there who aren't complete assholes? All the really confident guys seem to be sex-crazy jerks.

Sometimes I just want a John Wayne or good old country boy. That moderately good-looking guy who's not afraid to approach you but also has manners and respects you.

Is that just too much to ask anymore? I don't believe in SBM (sex before marriage) and it seems like that's just too much to ask too.

But on the other hand, guys get mad or jealous if you've "been with" another guy. So what is it you guys want? I know what I want in a guy, but it doesn't seem like he exists these days.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing: at your age, nearly any guy who is overly confident is going to want to use that "power" to get sex, because for teen guy, sex is the ultimate prize. These guys are NOT "nice guys"; most of them are a-holes, but they do have confidence/arrogance, and that's attractive, especially to younger girls. But those guys will want sex, and they'll want it quickly, and if they don't get it, they're going to move on to a girl who they can get it from.

The other guys are the less-confident guys. Those guys don't have a lot of experience with girls, and have probably only ever asked out a few, and probably got rejected more than they succeeded. So they don't bother risking rejection by asking out the hot, popular girls because most of them won't have anything to do with a nice but less-confident, less experienced guy. But that's the kind of guy you need, because they're the only ones willing to go along with no SBM. They'll take you and the relationship seriously, but YOU are going to have to make the first moves, and you're going to have to give them LOTS of "postive" feedback so that they understand that, if they're willing to gather the courage to risk asking you out, that they'll probably get a "yes" in return.

You don't have to straight-up ask them out, but go up and talk to them, touch them, spend time with them, etc. until they get the hint that, yes, you really ARE interested in them (they'll be cautious at first).

Good luck.

What Guys Said 5

• I am confident, but I am an asetic... No sex until marriage... :P

I am no John wayne... More like R. Lee Ermy... LOL

But seriously, there are a lot of guys that have confidence that are not sex crazed jerks, as you put it... Well let me rephrase, I am confident but shy at first. Basically, I am the type of guy that will "probe" first... By "probe", I mean, I will be indirect and round-about in a strategic manner... Finding out what I need to know at first... If you are found to be absolutely single, then I shall show my confident side. I don't like wasting energy flirting with women that are involved with other guys... I am not for talking to other guys' girlfriends... I would not like for other guys to try to break me up with my girlfriend...

But I hope my comments were of sdome use... besides, I am probably old enough to be your dad... LOL

• well, you're mistaking the sex-crazy jerks for being confident. they're not really confident, most of those guys use sex as an escape, not something like a hobby.

second, if you like a guy, why don't you go talk to him?!

why does he have to come to you?

as for the SBM thing, they want you to sleep with them, and nobody else, that's why.

• Give picture = Recieve answer on whether too good looking or not good looking enough = Everybody's happy.

I'll be honest, brutally if I have to (check other answers, I don't pass the buck)

• Here's a thought : You can approach a guy your interested in once in a while because it seems like you looking for a certain type.

• "fraid you may have to do the selecting & asking...but I will give you credit...sometimes it takes females years *or even a lifetime* to realize that confident guys are frequently a$$ holes...I will tip My Hat to u...My Lady...I wish you well...

What Girls Said 2

• Things aren't easy for us girls...

But there are Nice Guys But those are usually shy and not confident enough to approach If you are too hot only the really confident ones will try and they are usually players...

So try to talk to the Guys you find interesting to make it easier for them...

Good luck!

• Surround yourself around the type of guys you want to approach you.