Do you think it's okay to spent about 20$ on a shampoo?

16,5oz(=500ml) cost about 20$

do you think it is okay?

somehow I have guilty conscience...

• It`s okay
  • It`s not okay

Most Helpful Guy

• What? Of course it is!

My hair is down to my waist. Literally through the first three years of growing it, I made do with this cheap healthy crap which is, admittedly, good for the scalp, but generally lousy for the hair. Hair always felt dry and stuck to the fingers and brush, and always felt brittle. It came with the brand of conditioner as well, but that sucked just as must.

I switched midway at the three year mark, for another two years, and started using Head and Shoulders. It was literally a step up from the cheap healthy stuff, like an upgrade. My hair had a nice smell to it, stopped being dry and best of all, I never had dandruff. It doesn't pamper hair though - I lived with it and got used to it.

I needed to buy some because someone special was coming down, about two months ago. All I could find was this expensive nutri-gloss shampoo and conditioner set, I don't remember the price but I know it was expensive. Pink bottle, made my L o'Real or something, can't remember now. First time I used it, damn, my hair felt divine. Not only did it feel good, it looked good, combed well, and felt light and smooth when I brushed it out of my face. Now it's pretty much all I buy.

Treating yourself in life is important. Otherwise you just make do and generally suffer in silence. If you can find one 'guilty pleasure' to look forward to and enjoy in life, you should grab. And really - $20 isn't overpriced for allowing yourself a moment of luxury. You should spend even more! :)

What Guys Said 10

• Wouldn't you feel had, that the $20 bottle is really just shampoo from the $1 dollar store, put into a fancy bottle in a fancy boutique? I had a boss who used to do that at a department store where I worked, he would get these expensive empty L'Oreal bottles, no idea where he got those from and fill it with Lander shampoo bought in bulk plastic containers.

• Mate... you talk sh*t

Alot of these shampoos are gimmics but if you're paying high prices quality is a MUST

The company would go bust if it's products cost 'x' amount more than normal brands but didn't deliver, it'd be cunning theft

• Well, I don't live in the US or Europe or any other country where they actually have a policy on this stuff. Do you know how many knock off products there are, people buy everyday and don't even know it. Every single brand name has a knock off counter part. That's just how it is in third world countries my friend

• If you've worked for it, if it makes your hair nice, if you suffer from damaged hair etc... BUY IT

My mum's just like you, she's always buying saon hair products becuase her hair NEEDS it, it gets dry and tangled without it

Lads won't understand, we have short, styled hair usually and our hair just isn't as important as it is to girls

Hair's one of the most beautiful things on a girl, if you want it to look good, you buy it

The guilt shows you're a decent person aswell lol ;)

• I think I've actually spent more than that on Shampoo once... >_>

I say as long as it's really good quality shampoo, and it's not a regular purchase, you shouldn't feel guilty. Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself. =]

• Hell no, I'd rather not shower my hair at all.

• it could be because I'm a guy but I don't see the point

• i guess. I dated a woman who spent fifty bucks on shampoo.

• sure why not.

• is it Panteen or what ?

• When guys see your hair they better be jizzing their pants.

• I pay $8 for my shampoo. I don't think it's a big deal if the stuff is quality.

What Girls Said 11

• If the product suits your hair and you can afford it why not!

• My entire hair care regimen costs about $60 I don't think it's bad that yours costs $20. I believe people should be able to indulge in what's the most important to them. I'm not into name brand clothes so I can buys expensive hair care and not feel bad because I LOVE my hair. Clothes not so much

• ''why buy shampoo,when real poo is for free?''

• I think it's fine, but that's just me.

Some of the hair shampoo and conditioner I us cost 12 something dollars but it works and I LOVE it.

• If it really works for your hair and you worked hard for your money, sure why not.

• Yes it does if it does good stuff to your hair.

• It better be bloody good shampoo :D

• I've spent more, I rarely do anymore though..the cheaper stuff is just as good.

• i do. 40 for shampoo and conditioner

• If it makes your hair like a goddess's, yes.

Otherwise, hellz naw.

• It's not necessarily the best idea, but it's your money.