What's with the power given to the moderators?

OK I get deleting inappropriate content but why do they have the power to change the category in which you post and the title of you question?

I wrote what I wanted to begin with. If you don't like it delete it. Don't edit it.

I'm just a little upset that one of my question titles got changed to something that barely resembled english. But thanks for letting me know I'm blaming the wrong people. I'll amend that.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think mods can change the category, only admins can.

What Guys Said 2

• Only admins do that and sometimes keywords trigger the movement

• I'm pretty sure that's only the admins who can change the category and the title of your question.

What Girls Said 2

• As stated, we sometimes change the titles of your question to attract more answers. We review thousands of questions every week, and have noticed some key words that will help you generate more answers - therefore, we may modify your title to help YOU! :) However, if you'd like to contact us with a link to the question, and your preferred title, we will absolutely take a look at it. Thanks!

• Hey thanks for getting back to me. I got the answer I was looking for so I'm not to worried about altering the title back. I was just having a bad day and needed to complain about something.

• I think that only admins can do that. It's pretty annoying, among other things too.