What are good sites/magazines to learn about style or fashion? I lack a fashion sense. Help?

OK so I'm not very creative with clothing although I wish to be.

I really like the look of the punk, scene and Goth clothing but when I wear them they don't seem to suit me and I get uncomfortable stares

. Now I just wear plain shirt , jeans, hoodie and sneakers not sure what to do and feel rather bored and not very attractive with the my bland attire.

My roommate has tried to take me shopping but I personally feel rather silly in high waist skirts and uncomfortable in really short dresses. I'm not fat but I feel fat when I wear them since I'm short and not really athletic (although wish to be one day.. Hard to pick which sport) so in the mirror I look kinda pudgy. So until I join a team or a class I think I should somehow make me look more exciting since no matter what size you can still look attractive and exciting. I'm just not sure whether to start looking.

anyways I was wondering if anybody had any advice or hints stories, shows, songs... Anything really that would help me with my bland fashion sense and slight lack of body confidence?

Most Helpful Girl

• I will help you I am a bit like you...

Dont wear hoodies and sneakers I would say...

To make your look more stylish wear flats or heals and cardigans not hoodies...

A spark of colour like match yelllow with black, black boots...

I love to wear cartoon tee shirts that are fit and with flare jeans plus a leather jacket

What I use to make me look slim is things that huges my waist like ballet tops, wraps tops

Skater dresses and leather jackets and boots

Great sites are www.lookbook.nu

www.polyvore.com

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

Hope I have helped add me if you need more tips...

• thanks, great sites :D

• Your welcome. Hey if you are american urban outfitters and forever21 have some great stuffs...

What Guys Said 2

• Don't LEARN fashion. You'll never stand out in a crowd. Wear what you like, and no matter people's reactions, wear it with confidence and people will like it.

IMO, a girl in "weird" clothes who is confident is way more attractive than the most pretty and "fashionable" girl who isn't confident in herself.

• work out and tone your body, than you can wear anything or wear nothing will look hot on u.

What Girls Said 2

• Join a jazz or ballet dance class to get in shape and feel more comfortable in your body. They also give you great flexibility. Usually at the end of the year the studio has a show and the outfits can be skimpy. The smallest one I ever wore was a backless dress with an x on the back to keep it on. It was made all of sequins and just long enough to cover my butt with spankies on. So we did a lot of kicks and leaps in that ;) most costumes are more normal like just a short dress that someone would wear to a party or something. as for fashion, search fashion blogs until you find one you like. Personally I like gyaru fashion. I am ganjiro and mostly wear romantic gyaru clothing and makeup. Hope this helps!

• try looking at fashion blogs , there are a lot of good ones out there , people who blog about all the high fashion/ high street fashion

Go shopping and pick up stuff that you would never pick...you might be suprised.