I want rid of my stretch marks!

I'm a very proud Mother with a really, really beautiful baby, but the stretch marks are not a welcome addition to the family!

Some people say they're a natural reminder of the pregnancy, etc, but to be honest the baby is a pretty good reminder, I don't need red lines on my thighs, hips and stomach.

I've heard of some oils and stuff that can get rid of them? Can someone please tell me what they are and how long you have to rub them in (or bathe in them as I've heard you do with some?) for them to be effective and get rid of the stretch marks totally?

Most Helpful Girl

• Palmer's cocoa butter cream works wonders: link

The instructions are on the back, but basically, you rub it in in a circular motion until it has "soaked into" your skin, like you would with lotion.

It didn't completely get rid of my stretch marks, but they're not noticeable at all anymore. They're skin-colored now, rather than being pinkish-purple. I noticed a change after using it daily for 2 weeks.

• where do you buy it?, does it work on old ones? lol

• I bought it at CVS, I think. I see it at most big grocery stores that carry personal care products.

Yup, it worked on ALL of mine. The old ones took longer, but they faded eventually :)

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 5

• There is a product called Maderma. You can buy it at a pharmacy, Wal-Mart of Target. It's a cream you apply to the effected areas. I will forewarn you that it's a little pricey but it WORKS. The stretch marks will disappear.

• I've heard Mederma can help, but honestly, nothing will make them 'go away'. They'll fade to silver with time and shrink as your weight returns to normal, minimizing their appearance.

• I don't think you can get rid of them totally and most of those creams don't work. Stretch marks are natural. You can put some makeup on them to make them less noticeable or you can love your body for what it is.

• Lemon juice will not work. They will fade over time, but a good thing to use (that actually worked for me! took about one year!) is Bio Oil. Ever see the commercials for that stuff? works well if you use as directed (rub on belly twice a day for about five - eight minutes. Do it when your skin is fresh from a shower at least once a day. It will turn your skin red, but only for about ten minutes). Good luck!

• 0|0