Why do you guys like beer? To all the beer drinkers out there.

Why do you guys like beer?

It seems like not matter how much I try to like beer I still hate the taste beer with each new one I try.

Am I just drinking sh*tty beer?

Most Helpful Guy

• I suspect you're drinking sh*tty beer.

I can't believe how many kids try drinking Budweiser, Coors, Heineken, or whatever. Horse p*ss the lot of them.

There's no doubt that some beer is an acquired taste. The irish stout Guinness, for example, is an acquired taste. I don't think I've ever seen anyone drink it for the first time and go "Yum, gimme more."

A good beer should have complex flavours and aromas, that you will appreciate over time.

Take a look at Beeradvocate.com and find out which beers are available in your area, which are rated as good.

And when you're drinking them, try to remember that the human brain can often confuse what "different" with "unpleasant".

• Update : I just saw the list of beers you've tried drinking. Here's their rankings from Beer Advocate.

Bud, (N/A, D+)

Miller, (D, D+)

Heineken, (N/A, C)

Shiner Bock (C -, C+)

Dos Equis, (N/A, C+)

Corona, (F, F)

Seriously. You're drinking sh*tty beer.

• Seriously, Corona got a F?

• Check the site. Corona has many variations.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm not a fan of beer either. Must be, like all these others are saying, an acquired taste. I much prefer hard cider, although it's kind of hard to find in some places.

• I love beer but it took awhile to aquire a taste for it. My first love was Newcastle, it was the only beer I could drink. But now I'm on a Pacifico kick. Much different, I know, but I gotta have a lime in my beer now so its gotta be a mexican brew. I'm a beer snob; I won't touch the domestic stuff unless on rare occasions where it would be rude to turn it down.

Worst beer ever: Sierra Nevada

• Hmm could be. Skunky beer is not good. But I think it's best on tap. I pretty much like any drink though so light/dark, low cal/high cal, whatever it may be, I am a fan. But there are a lot of people that just don't like it no matter what.

• I love beer. But I hate the sh*tty brands, try somthing like Heineken etc.

• I like the taste, but I like the taste of some more than others. Do you drink cheap beer? Do you drink specialty or imported European beer, which may be acquired tastes? Start with something like Bud Select , which is mild and made for mass consumption & experiment from there.

What Guys Said 11

• Some people just don't like the taste of beer. It's not the end of the world, but everyone would probably understand if you cut your own throat.

• Lots of people don't like beer. It is sort of an acquired taste but if you've tried that many you probably just don't like it. Nothing to be ashamed of, at least you tried to like it.

• Could be bad beer. Have you tried any German or Dutch beer? They take a lot more care in the brewing process and do it an extra time I've heard.

Definitely stick to the beer and avoid the shots. Your head will thank you!

• Never really had a problem with liquor. I've been drinking Jack since I was 16 and its kind of hard to like beer compared to run or whiskey. I'd rather sip or take shots of liquor. What would be a good brand of beer that you are talking about?

• I always liked Heineken, Erdinger, Pilsner...

Here are some...

link

• It's either an acquired taste or you just don't like it. I happen to like Blue Moon's pretty well because bars and restaurants serve it with an orange slice in it which gets rid of some of the bitterness. A coworker said I should try getting into Guiness because of the flavor they have.

So it's probably a matter of trying different things to see what suits you.

• you either like it or not. most of it tastes the same, mostly just some subtle differences... if you don't like it there's more for the rest of us.

• Beer's disgusting and all tastes the same to me. It makes my eyebrows dance - and it's the only thing I've ever eaten/drank that has made them do that. Blech.

• What kinds have you been trying?

• Bud, Miller, Heineken, Shiner Bock, Dos Equis, Corona, Shiner Bock Black Lager.

• I like Sam Addams. It is good. Fat Tire is a good beer too despite it's name. I would pick ones from small breweries.

• I hear you on that. I went to a few bars with friends yesterday and it was really hard for me to down the beers. Good thing I rarely drink because I was chillin hard after 5 over a 3 hour period. Kind of embarrassing knowing a girl can out drink you.

• lol yeah that's pretty bad. No one can out drink me in liquor but I'd lose anything dealing with beer.

• Liquor is more bearable. My friends say I have a baby pallet, whatever that means. I don't know if there is a difference between liquor and liqueur but I really enjoy a glass of Disaronno on ice. I can appreciate the different beers though. Yueng Ling is definitely the best tasting beer I've had but if I had a choice I'd drink water over that to quench my thirst lol.

• same it doesn't taste good to me. I really like spirits though.

• It's an acquired taste. I hated it, but now I can tolerate it.

• I love beer. I hate wine.