When do you find buying brand name is justifiable?

Mainly clothes wise, how important is it for women that the guy wears brand names. Is having a shirt like this one link really justifiable at that price? Don't say quality because you know the materials and workmanship is not why that t-shirt cost 130 dollars. What attire would you be fine dishing out for the best and what would you say it is pointless to? I usually only dish out on jackets, jeans, and occasionally shoes but that is because I know this stuff lasts for many years.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only clothes I buy new are socks, underwear, bras and shoes. Everything else I get at second hand stores. I've never spent more than five dollars on a pair of jeans and four/five on a shirt. It just doesn't make sense to me. They're all the same, they're going to keep you warm and cover you up some just try to pretend they're better. I also hate wearing brand names. I really, really despise it. I don't want to be a walking billboard and I don't want people staring at me trying to read my shirt that really isn't that funny after thirty minutes.

I like looking professional and nice. I only own two pairs of jeans and any tshirts I have are either patterned or have a simple, elegant kind of picture on them. No shirt from a brand name store like American Eagle, A&F or any of those is going to look tidy and professional because they've got their logo plastered all over it.

Even if they didn't I could still find a nicer shirt for one tenth of the price at my local Savers. Not to mention Saver's has a lot more cool, unique and fun sh*t than any famous, brand name store does.

What Girls Said 16

• No, it's not necessarily quality. I only purchase such items if the cut is impeccable and they are on a MEGA sale. (No, not from a crazy $800 to (a still crazy) $700, but very reasonable and under $60.)

I found a really fantastic pair of shoes the other day. $400. (Not so fantastic once I saw the pricetag.) I put them down. The sales rep complained, "But they're Lauren!" I shook my head and told him it was out of my price range. He came back with a Via Spiegel for $25.

Not knowing what "a Via Spiegel" was until I actually wore the shoe out to go meet my friends -- one of whom is a true fashionista who nearly dropped her drink. "Where did you get those? OMG!" She was SO happy thinking that I'd finally splurged on a designer shoe that it nearly broke my heart to confess that they were $25. (It was a big moment for her. A lot to process.)

Anyway, my point is that the label is not as important as the actual quality AND the actual out-of-pocket expense in relation to the quality obtained. If it was a non-label shoe that fit just as comfortably, I still would have bought it, especially at that price.

;-)

• I don't care if a guy's shirt came from Armani or Wal-Mart, as long as he's clean and doesn't look like a bum.

• I don't know how much the shirt costs in USD, but it seems expensive. It's just a cotton T. I will say quality because there are some brand name items that are worth the money. Some examples are drugstore make-up vs. MAC, Urban Decay, etc.; Payless shoes vs. real Nike, Jordans, etc.

Stores like Discovery or Dots have cheap clothing that fall apart after one or two washes. Hence me not shopping there. I'm not saying someone has to buy brand name all time, because there are plenty of affordable stores that carry quality items. Those are just some cases where buying them are justifiable.

• I prefer if a guy doesn't wear brand names.

• Im pretty cheap, I always find good sales ;), but I do spend more money on shoes. I now realize most people, won't even care, or notice your wearing brand name so its kinda pointless to spend all that money.

On a side note there is this girl that I knew from high school and I have her on Facebook, and she was is one of those people that takes 100's of pictures, and she has to make sure you can see every label of clothes, shoes, accesories!..thats what gets annoying.

• When quality matters. Name brands are USUALLY higher quality and last longer. By one brand name jacket pay more but it'll last several years, or by an off brand jacket for less every season

• What is your opinion of a guy who wear brand names vs doesn't? Will you be more attracted to someone who always wear a couple hundred dollars worth of clothes on or does it not matter?

• I'm married now, but when I was single, I was actually turned off by guys who was too hung up on brands. I am a very unmaterialistic person, and to me, a person who is hung up on brands and expensive clothes is materialistic and compensating for something. I mean, it's fine to like nice things and brand name clothes, but as long a guy is neat and clean, that's what really matters.

• I don't give a sh*t if a guy wears brand names or not. If that is his style, good for him, if it’s not his style, good for him. Clothes are clothes.

• I don't care about brand names, if you look good why does it matter how much it costs? When I go shopping if I like it I get it, simple as that. :l

• I'm a pretty practical person. I might indulge every now and then, but if I can get the same quality/style in a generic brand I'm pretty cool with it. For me, it's about what I like as opposed to what is "cool" or whatever. Even if I was completely loaded, I doubt my attitude would change.

I'd be happy if my partner had the same attitude. I like guys that aren't high maintenance, as well. It shows that he has more important things to think about.

• brand names in general are retarded. it's not important to me at all, in fact, I think I'd prefer it if he didn't wear designer clothing.

• I don't care what the guy wears... As long as its not all shiny with rhimestones type of shirts, its okay :P

but I don't like spending money on expensive things, unless I have the money and been saving I'll treat my self.

• The link didn't work any more I guess...

I like having a guy dress nicely. Why not. And if he has only one or two shirts that cost that much, then those are shirts which he will take better care of and they will last longer. And, inevitably, almost always more expensive name brands look better and provide a better figure for the person wearing it.

• Name brands are rarely ever justifiable. They usually just put a stupid logo on the t-shirt and then jack up the price. I'm not gonna lie, I have some brand name stuff, but it's not stuff that has the name splattered on top of it. And it's usually running shoes, Wal-mart shoes don't hold up for me.

I could care less if a guy doesn't wear name brands. I actually prefer it that he doesn't, just because I don't, so it shows me that he has the same view. I'm not against people who like something with a brand name, but I think it's kind of frivolous, a lot of the brand name stuff people buy are basics, like sweatpants, t-shirts, sweaters. Not anything intricate or unique, so I don't know how retailers can jack up the price so high.

I'm just cheap and buy most of my clothes at Wal-mart and thrift stores :)

• I should also add that if the name brand is better quality it is justifiable. Like in the case for me with running shoes, the quality is there with name brands. But most everything else it isn't.

• i buy brand names and I don't care what people say about it. I don't care if the guy does or not does.

• It depends. Some brands are quality and some are just names.

• If he has lots of cash that he wants to throw away, then it's OK. I wouldn't care.

But, honestly, if he's just showing off It's lame. I do believe that a nice body will look good in a $2 shirt. It's not the clothes, it's the guy inside.

So, no. I wouldn't appreciate this at all. I like practical, modest, down to earth guys.

P.S. This Armani shirt is so ugly lol

What Guys Said 4

• yes, I wear brand name only my daily attire runs from $5-- to $2---- and I don't care what other people think of me. I wear it because of the cutting and materials. the link of that shirt is what a dbag would wear. there is a differences. my clothing is all brand names but will never help the company advertise there brands knowingly. I am not a douche bag. you will either see a small logo somewhere or it is hidden in my attire. I wear it cause I am not a bum and I have money to do so. I do it for the style and if you have style you would know.

hey, haters are gonna hate right?

• Nobody has to justify why they wear what they wear. Someone who wears clothes like that can *afford* clothes like that. I don't wear clothes that dear because I can't. If someones into clothes, they're gonna pay more money than someone who isn't, because someone who isn't sees it as a waste of money whereas someone who is sees it as an amazing f***ing t-shirt. Right?

Like, I buy albums. I like the album artwork, having an actual material possession as reference. I put that down to that I'm into music - more specifically, into albums. But is that justifiable? When I can get them totally free? I don't really care how well Sony are doing in the stocks.

You get me?

• Although for the record, I do think that is a f***ing ridiculous price. What the f***? I could get an italian suit tailored for that price, my good lord

• When I buy something because of the brand, it usually has to be associated with durability and dependability. This is more the case when I buy tools and such. For clothes, I buy whatever is cheapest lol.

• Pffft clothes are for losers go around naked