Guys, do you think girls have to wear make-up to be pretty?

All my friends wear make-up but I don't. I already have long dark eyelashes. and it just isn't me. I don't like to wear it. do you think you can only be pretty if you wear it?

I just honestly think I don't look that amazing in it because my eyes are already dark because of my long black eye lashes

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't need make-up to look pretty. So, I agree :) I don't like to wear it.

What Guys Said 8

• no they dont, it all depends on the girl.

One thing I would DEF say is it is obvious when girls wear make=up and too much is horrible! I prefer the natural look, but don't mind a bit of subtle stuff.

• Some make-up is fine. Personally, I prefer no make-up. It takes away from seeing the real thing.

• Most do. The simple reality is that pretty is "above average looks," and you can't have the majority or even half be "above average." So for the majority of women, they would need to wear makeup to look pretty. Although for many wearing makeup might not be enough - if you're just flat out ugly, makeup may help, but it won't make you pretty.

That said, naturally pretty women don't need to wear makeup to be pretty - although they may still benefit from makeup (go from pretty to beautiful, for instance). Also, the primary purpose of most forms of makeup is to cover your deficiencies - if you have naturally long eyelashes, you don't need makeup that makes your eyelashes look longer.

• I know a girl who looks STUNNING without makeup. I don't think she even needs to wear it at all. One time though when I asked her to hang out with me at night she put on some makeup and I mean it didn't make her ugly, but it didn't really help her either.

• A well-done make-up job is better than "all natural"

All natural is better than a bad male-up job.

So it flows like this:

well-done make-up job > all-natural > overdone make-up job

• All girls look better with make up than they do without make up, if you think otherwise, then you're doing your make up wrong.

• obviously, that's why celebrities wear it.

• no

What Girls Said 6

• For me it's not so much about being pretty as it is looking interesting. I look OK without makeup, but I look very plain and simple. I use makeup like an accessory to make either my lips or eyes stand out, and I think it makes me look more interesting.

• I prefer going natural ( I have a pretty face,) because it's easier on the skin (no rubbing when taking it off, pores can breathe,) and I think it makes you look more confident.

When I do wear make-up every now and then, I use it to compliment my features and add some vibrancy to my face.

It really doesn't make you pretty; a girl with an average attractive face, still looks average in attraction with make-up on. Girls who cake the make-up on, look like they have confidence issues and are uncomfortable in their own skin.

So I say, if make-up isn't your thing, then that's totally okay. Just because all your friends wear it doesn't mean you should to.

Plus, most guys prefer a natural girl ;)

• you should at least try it,like I can go out without makeup,and I look ok,but when I put on makeup,i feel much more confident and putting on makeup is fun,it's like painting,you create the look that matches your personality/mood

• Make-up enhances ones beauty or lack of beauty. They will choose the attractive girl with makeup over the unattractive girl without makeup. Not everyone has natural beauty.

• You should wear makeup one day and see what your reactions are, see what people say, and if they like you better natural or with it. Don't overdo it though.

• Makeup takes away natraul beauty