What should I do to my hair if I am wearing strapless dress?

^^all up there. links would be appreciated. This is for prom.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know how long your hair is so I am going to give you a few options:

For prom I would do an updo, maybe have some pieces hanging down and curled a bit :) You can curl your hair and then pin it up with some pretty clips. Like this: link

You can wear long dangling earrings with an updo for an even more dramatic effect. Even curling your hair, putting it in a pony and then using a pretty clip to clip it up, will look nice :) You can even add a headband or tiara to give it more glamour.

Or you could leave it down and just curl it or straighten it, push it back with a headband or pin it to the side with a beautiful flower pin. This works for short, long and medium hair link

I would suggest and updo though, just because it is the summer and it will get hot with you dancing and all. I know at my prom I had my hair curled and it was down, and I sweated so much my hair looked bad after :S So just a word of advice :P

Another option is a half updo. link

This will be lighter than having your hair all down and it looks nice for any event :) With this style you can also wear long dangling earrings, or even just simple studs, or one dramatic big necklace.

If you want to do an updo or a half updo or the ponytail idea and don't have long hair, you can also try a hairpiece :) Most accessory stores have them.

Hopefully this helps! I have had a lot of prom/formal event experience so if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to message me or comment :)

What Guys Said 1

• Put it up, maybe? Assuming its longer. No point in a strapless dress if your covering your shoulders and perhaps chest

What Girls Said 8

• here's one really simple thing to do that looks really nice if you want to do it yourself:

(to begin with it looks nice if you braid or french braid the front section of your hair back to your bun-could leave out bangs or incorporate)

make a messy bun in your hair, on the middle/low on your head

take the bun and flip it partially through(so its turning towards your head)

secure that with bobby pins

a few lose hanging pieces of hair curled would be a lovely touch.

Hope this helped

• u can curl it or put it up or both

link

link

link

• it depends on what your dress looks like. some strapless dresses would look really nice with a curly updo like this: link and then some would look nice with a curly side pony: link or even just having it down and wavy: link

• Here are a few styles from this link

• I think keeping it down and flowing would be really cute. It would be very summery and beachy.

• I suggest you leave it down with cruls.

link

• If you have broad shoulders keep it up if you have slanted shoulders leave it down and do whatever. Just because.

• Here are some that I think are really really cute:

link

link

link