Favorite hair style on women? Long/short/medium?

Hey everyone, so my hair is super long right now (same as the pictures for "long") and I'm wondering if I should cut it. Thought I'd see what everyone prefers.

Disregard the celebrity/hair colour/race/etc, and only think about the hair style/length, please. Add any comments as to why you feel that way.

Short: link

Bob/above shoulder: link

Medium: link

Long: link link

I know a lot of people agree that it depends on face shape/body type/over all style, but I just mean your general preference.

Guys: what you like on a girl

Girls: what you have/what you'd like to have

• Short
  • Bob/above shoulder
  • Medium
  • Long

Most Helpful Guy

• FAirly long, face-framing, to highlight the face overall and esp. the eyes.

What Guys Said 7

• it depends on the girl and how she looks with a certain haircut I mean though I prefere long hair some girls might actually look better with short hair

• I like a girl with longer hair, but definitely above the but.

It has to be styled in like umm 'barrel rolls' I think its called?

The big long wavy curls..

Giant turn on

• I like longer hair myself. I prefer it straight too, I think it's because long hair is subconsciously attributed to femininity for me.

• Bob-Medium is my preference really, but all of those can look great depending on the girl. =]

• medium -> long is best imo, but not gonna matter either way in the end.

• long definately...

• i like long hair the most, medium is also good

What Girls Said 7

• I have long hair :) mostly because its more manageable like that, I have curly/wavy hair and it just goes like an afro if its short so its better to have it long. Not that I have anything against afros :) I don't think I'd rather have any other hairstyle, I just wish that my hair wasn't as frizzy sometimes.

• I agree that longer hair is less maintenance overall. It's a bitch to wash, but other than that you don't have to do anything to it (mine is wavy)

• Yeah :) I hate my hair when its wet..takes all day to dry and I can't use a hairdryer on it either

• most men prefer long/medium hair,it's always been like that,i have short hair (think young mia farrow) cause I don't give a sh*t,but if you do give a sh*t about what men think,i suggest keeping it long

• I've had pretty much EVERY hair length, except that short. I think it's so sexy, though (I don't have the face shape for it). I'm essentially running out of ideas lol.

• i've had long hair too (mid-back) but it was too boring for me,i suggest medium length so you can experiment with it,that way you won't get bored (curl it,straighten it,get bangs,color it-do something different every month)

• Thru the years I have had EVERYTHING! And I wish I could wear short hair. but I have finally decided my ideal hair style is long, medium/long. It takes awhile to figure this stuff out. Anyway, I did, and now I read you shouldn't have long hair if you're over 40! lol

Oh well, I like it & I'm keeping it. You can do more with long hair, put it up, leave it down. Curl it, wear it straight. Much more versatile. Love it.

Good luck.

• Dear anon girl who is thinking of a haircut,

I voted D.. only because I like really long hair and plan to grow it even longer, then when I do that I'm going to cut it above the shoulder :D

Sincerely,

IMAQT xx

• That's what I did last time :P My hair grows really fast, so it's back down my back now. I don't know if I should keep it there or cut it

• I dunno.. whatever you like.. or what ever people think suits you :D

• Most Guys like long hair.

I love my hair the way it is!

• I love long hair on girls. And I have really, really long wavy/curly hair. As in past my tail-bone.

• My hair is medium length, but I'm growing it out so it'll be long :)