Are thongs/g-strings out of style?

I've heard that they are not nearly as popular as they once were. Is this true? If so, what is the current popular trend?

0|0
7|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Plenty of girls still wear them, don't despair. =P Lmao. I think it's just more common for women to have a wider variety of underwear styles that they like, rather than being 'strictly thongs' or 'strictly bikini', etc. I like several different styles.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• No, thongs/g-strings are not out of style. No "style" of underwear goes out of style, HOWEVER, they do become less of a trend.

Thongs/g-strings were worn AND shown off as part of a fashion statement and to attract male attention, but with todays society becoming more sexed up, thongs/g-strings are hardly attention catchers but rather an example of distasteful dressing and trashy(to show them off).

I personally do not wear thongs/g-strings, I wear boyshorts and bikini style underwear.

0|1
    0|0
    • "no 'style' of underwear goes out of style"? so.. umm, granny panties aren't lame?

• Lame and "going out of style" are 2 different things.

For example, the "scene" look was a trend, so is the hipster thing, those are trends which will pass

• a lot of girls have their own preferences. for myself, I'm not a fan, only for occassions with my boyfriend. I prefer cute boyshorts, booty shorts what not with lace. but I don't like wearing a g string as much.

0|0
    0|0
  • They aren't as much as a fashion statement anymore, when girls would purposely make them show. Many girls still wear them though, including me, I wear them all the time. Hope this helps =)

0|1
    0|0
    • THanks. bet you look good in them,

• I didn't know they were ever in style for guys ...

0|0
    0|0
  • it seems to be all about boyshorts/cheekies these days

0|0
    0|0
  • I also heard a while ago that boy shorts are sexier. and yesterday on the radio I heard that women are buying more granny panties type underwear because they cheaper.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1