Girls why do you get so upset about stretch marks?

I understand if they are big purpley red ones that are very obvious, but if they are just lines that are a tiny bit lighter or darker then your skin tone what's the big deal? I have stretch marks too I have them on my boobs, thighs and on my hips because I used to be quite chubby. Personally when I look in the mirror I don't even realize them and on my friends that claim to have them really obviously I don't even see them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Zebra stripes don't bother me...

What Guys Said 3

• Because we are genetically driven to strive for perfection. That's why pretty girls look in the mirror and see an ugly face.

• I don't think we are genetically driven to strive for perfection, I think the media makes people think they need perfection (well what the media says if perfection) to be happy/loved/get somewhere in life/ do anything better.

• wasn't that just the very rich and the royals? also in that time men did it too and it was to show high status not beauty I believe.

• High status being a main factor in who people tried to reproduce with. And now in these times it's mainly looks.

• Why don't they all turn out healthy and sane like you? :(

• LOL! Excellent observation/question...

• because they are sane about everything but this? :P

• Of course I wouldn't know a stretch mark if I saw one.

What Girls Said 5

• I've been blessed, really. After I lost a ton of weight, I had really big ones for years, but they slowly became less apparent, I'd have to point them out for anyone to see. Even when they were huge and pink, I didn't have a problem. It's my body and the rest of me is a sight to see, if anyone is going to point out the slightest flaw, they have problems.

• hmm..think that maybe you were blessed with common sense..however uncommon? lol

• I don't get it either. Plus the majority of girls HAVE them, so it's not like what they have is anything worse or different than what a s.hitload of other girls have, including myself. =P I don't even think about them, lol.

• Why? Every day I am bombarded by Magazines, TV and Internet showing "perfect" women. No stretch marks, no cellulite, full breasts...ect. I know I am beautiful, and my boyfriend loves my body. However, to look in the mirror and fall so short of the media's portrayal of a beautiful woman is disheartening to say the least.

• Those women DO have stretch marks, cellulite, and 'weird boobs' just like the rest of us, lol. They photoshop and edit the f.uck out of those photos and videos to make those women look perfect. They may be portrayed as perfect, but even the 'perfect' women they use for that image aren't actually like that, haha.

• I know they do, and that's some consolation.

• Don't compare yourself to a photoshopped image. You'll always come up short because those aren't real. That's like comparing a real life car to the car from Knight Rider. Of course the real car won't seem as nice. Same thing.

• I have always had stretch marks on my inner thighs and when I got pregnant I got them on my boobs. It has been 5 years and I am just now feeling comfortable with the ones on my boobs. I think it's just a confidence thing. Before I got pregnant I always wore cleavage shirts after I wouldn't even consider it. I think I have just decided that I am who I am take it or leave it. Although I'm still uncomfortable I am trying to move forward and let it go.

• Good for u! I wish you well...

• I think after pregnancy it is a completely different story because from what I have seen/being told from mothers that stretch marks from pregnancy are more sever then from being overweight.

• Because they feel pressured, the society is made to be extremely image conscious and girls (in fact even guys) feel the need to look "perfect" nowadays. It's something we have to live with. but it's really good that you feel good about yourself :) happy for you :D