Why do men prefer girls with blond hair?

Why do men seem to be more attracted to women with blond hair verses other hair colors? This question is *GENERALLY SPEAKING* thus it is not an absolute.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're different. Less common than brunettes perhaps?

I strongly prefer brunettes, so I imagine I'm not qualified to say.

What Guys Said 7

• Every guy is going to have his own preference. Even in a family, it can be quite different. I have usually liked blonds who are taller with a nice butt. My teenage son likes shorter girls who are more endowed in the breast area with dark hair.

Your hair is a nice color. A bit style or layer it out might be a nice touch.

I think you will find a guy who likes your dark hair. If a guy prefers blonds, he may be passing up on the chance to meet a nice young lady just because of hair color.

• I tend to prefer blondes because I'm blond myself. I usually get approached by them more than the brunettes.

Might have something to do with the blone's upbringing. Having a blond father who was great to her I suppose.

• I guess the blond preference is because generations have grown up seeing blond women in the media portrayed as leading ladies and what men should desire. Also, the whole Barbie and Ken thing could possibly be a reason. Personally though, I'm a sucker for gingers!

• We don't prefer blondes. I'm all for the brunettes.

• brunettes

• I've noticed a brunette preference. lol Ultimately I don't think any picks certain hair colors.

• who said they do? I prefer brunettes and most of my friends do also(no offense not one that looks like you)

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know all the details behind it, but I read this several times. Guys are subliminally attracted to girls with blond hair for the same reason that they're attracted to girls with long hair and an hourglass shape with a small waist and big hips and butt. Apparently, blond hair is a sign of fertility, which guys are subliminally attracted to which is why some of them sway to their way. Most guys aren't even aware of it, it's just nature's way of saying, "Hi, she can produce a lot of children, pick her!" Meanwhile, most of guys could care less about having children at the time they're checking blondie out. The human mind's a funny thing, hm? And no, it doesn't have anything to do with the "dumb" blond factor, and some guys I know definitely prefer brunettes.

• i don't know why they would. I'm a natural blond but I clearly dye my hair dark. I find blondes to look the same they looked washed out to me. I'm a girl but that's my opinion

• I believe that nowadays women and men understand beauty not only based on your hair color.

• my guy friends prefer darker hair

• It is an evolutionary preference.

Have you noticed that the older you are, the darker your hair gets? The lighter the hair color, the younger you seem to be. Guys are more attracted to youthful characteristics, such as light hair color.

This whole theory is the same for why guys are also more attracted to women with larger breasts, curvier and leaner body structure, healthy skin, etc.

Again, this is GENERALLY SPEAKING, so yes, I am aware that this does not apply to every guy out there.

• Blonde hair attracts more light so the human eye is attracted to it.

• I have a theory. That theory is that men prefer women that look very youthful, and a good lot of us started out as blond babies. Therefore, men prefer blond women because blondness implies youth, which indicates fertility. The end.

• Someone already came up with that theory.

• I have a theory. The theory is mine and mine alone. This theory that is mine, goes like this: A dinosaurs is small in one end, large in the middle and small in the other end. That is my theory, which is mine.

• You too? Get a life.