Why is it necessary to rate questions that you believe to be a waste of time and energy?

If a question is lame in your eyes,and considered "MISERABLE" or "POOR",whats the point of letting the QA know this by giving a dismal rating. How about just NOT responding at all to the question or NOT rating it unless you feel it is interesting or better? Does one even receive points for getting one or two stars? And if not,why is it that those ratings are even relevant? Poor ratings are no more relevant than an unrated question...in my opinion of course.

This opinion has developed after seeing questions like,"Do guys like blond hair?" get a whopping five stars...meanwhile,something more significant gets nothing...what gives?

Thoughts?

Thanks for the Two star rating guys...it means nothing. :D

Most Helpful Girl

• lol I always thought it was to let everyone else know the question was lame. All tho, I often click the Qs with low ratings because they're often funny trolls, this one wasn't funny at all... false advertisement.

What Guys Said 1

• It's a warning to those who don't want to deal with time wasting questions.

I don't open 1 star questions, for example.

• I technically know why the rating system exists,it just that I can't make much sense to how valid it is when the most mundane of questions receive the most stars.If receiving 1 or 2 stars received no point at all,then what is the pointof even bothering to rate it.Sorry but MOST questions on this site is repetative and I know because I have been here for a while.Questions that are interesting still receive lame ratings of 1 or 2 stars.There is no real point of a poor rating if it's misused.

What Girls Said 6

• Why is it necessary to rate questions that you believe to be a waste of time and energy?

To let the question asker know.

It's giving your opinion.

How about just NOT responding at all to the question or NOT rating it unless you feel it is interesting or better?

Because that's not what the rating thingy is for.

Does one even receive points for getting one or two stars?

Don't know but the rater is concerned about giving their opinion not giving the qa points.

• The same reason you'd let the QA know you thought their question was "INTERESTING" or "FASCINATING". It's your opinion and you're letting it be known

• I did not realize the clicking of a button expended so much time and energy.

• +4 rating for an interesting question

• We encourage users to rate as many questions as possible. There are some really great questions out there that don't have any ratings. As far as incorporating points...we will take this into consideration.

• Hi,i believe my inquiry derives from the overall use of the point system.Ive seen questions that are most mediocre and repetative receive the highest rating meanwhile questions that are different,receive nothing.I guess I almost feel as though it's something often misused just like the ability to go anonymous.Its everyones right,and I'm for it...but going anonymous to ask a question about lipstick?I feel as though the rating syestem is slightly misused or even under used.

• Because questions like those are repetitive and the rating system is there for a reason

• It's the repetative questions that receive five stars.For that reason I see the system as a bit pointless. I dunno