Do girls/women get told that they are "beautiful" often?

Just curious, but do girls/women get told that they are "beautiful" often? If yes, how does it make one feel? I know often guys say, "you're hot," is that to considered to be in the same realm as "beautiful?"

Most Helpful Girl

• When a boy calls a girl hot , we take it as a complement , but in all honesty it's not the same. Being called beautiful is interment and sweet. When a boy calls me hot all I think is he would not mind taking me to bed but don't really care for me. But if he called me beautiful I be like wow he really thinks I'm beautiful.

How it makes us feel , well it really makes me feel special . It's a really lovely complement that boost your self a steam . I don't have to like the boy and I still go all red and can't help but smile. It makes my day if someone other than a girl calls me beautiful , you will make her feel really special.

What Girls Said 11

• Getting told you're beautiful is much nicer for girls, well in my opinion. These days when someone says you're hot, it's so overrated. It's seldom you hear the word beautiful, and when it does happen it's refreshing.

• It means basically nothing when its coming from a stranger or someone I'm not close to - whether is hot/pretty/beautiful it doesn't matter. Either I feel like its not sincere - they're just trying to hook up with me - or, if it does seem sincere, its flattering but still doesn't hold much value.

When someone I'm close to says one of those thing (any of them) it is a lot more than just flattering, but it is even more special to get a compliment about something other physical beauty.

As for how often I get called beautiful? I don't exactly but I would say I get told it a lot more by strangers than by my boyfriend.

• Pretty, yes, beautiful not so often.

And I agree with what the other girls said, it's way better to be called ''beautiful'' instead of ''hot''.

• Yes sir I get told that all the time. Usually when a guy tells me that I sometimes wonder if they are just saying it or are the saying it because they mean it. But I do like being told that because I guess you could say it boosts my self-confidence. But when I guy tells me I'm hot I wouldn't consider it to be on the same realm as beautiful.

• I think men have a variety of ways to tell a woman they are pretty or beautiful, but it's hard for them to get that message across. I am the type of woman who rarely hears it unless you stop me in my tracks and make me look at you and hear you. But once I hear you it makes all the difference in the world. Everybody wants to know they look good.

• being called beautiful is VERY different from being called "HOT" !

hot = I like your body & I wanna get into your pants.

beautiful = your amazingly pretty & your face is gorgeous,

well, that's how girls see it anyways. :L

& when us girls get called beautiful it instantley brings a smile to our face, and it makes us feel special & loved and it deffs boosts our self-esteem :D especially when the guy you like says it :$

• I'd definitely prefer being called beautiful or pretty as opposed to "hot". Getting compliments isn't an every day occurrence for me, though, but it happens. And when it does happen, it always makes me smile.

• Most girls get called just pretty by their friends. But if a guy called me beautiful, not hot, I would love him. No, seriously. Girls LOVE to be called beautiful. It makes us feel spectacular.

• I think guys don't use the world "beautiful" enough.

• I get told that a lot mostly by older men, it makes me feel good, everyone appreciates compliments. guys my age don't say beautiful as much tho

hot isn't the same as beautiful. if a guy says that I know he's just seeing me in a sexual way which may or may not be a bad thing depending on the guy saying it

• i do. from relatives, friends, family friends

What Guys Said 1

• Doubt it. Also that sort of thing isn't going to be taken as a compliment unless it comes from a guy they are attracted to.