What are the advantages of being very attractive?

I'm not referring to your everyday pretty folks, but I mean somebody who stands out as a very attractive person.

In my opinion, there really isn't any significant difference in how life is like between an average looking individual and a good looking person, unless you are very attractive. Pretty people face rejections as well as average looking people. In fact, at least from whee I'm from(ny/nj area), I see more men out with average ordinary looking women than with pretty ones...

Is it because guys prefer average looking women, or is it because average looking women are more likely to try harder and chase after men?

I mean aside from having modelling and acting opportunities, I've seen ugly people and pretty people being treated the same way from where I live...and it's a pretty upscale area in suburban NJ...

Maybe my standards of pretty and ugly is way off scale...maybe everybody living near NYC is beautiful...
Just so that everybody gets what is my own defitinion of attractiveness...

here's what I think is an average looking non-intimidating girl--> shailene woodley (the blond haired girl from secret life of the american teen), which I see girls like her in everyday places EVERYWHERE. You know, average height, average sense of fashion...

and an intimidating girl would be this one--> link
sorry, this is the link--> link

Most Helpful Girl

• In the dating area, I think pretty girls win every time, at least from what I've seen. All of my female friends range from very pretty to stunning, and they have guys hitting on them all the time. They don't have to do anything, guys just come up to them and ask for dates. I, on the other hand, have never had a guy approach me once in my life. I had to fight for two years to get the boyfriend I currently have to even go on a date with me.

In other areas, I see prettier girls having the upper hand. All my friends make significantly more tips than their average/ugly coworkers. They also receive free stuff when they go out, like drinks at Starbucks or ice cream at Cold Stone. And none of them have ever been given a ticket when pulled over for speeding, despite the fact that one of them gets pulled over about once a week.

• Well, what planet are you from?

• okay, so here's what I think is an average looking non-intimidating girl--> shailene woodley (the blond haired girl from secret life of the american teen), which I see girls like her in everyday places EVERYWHERE. You know, average height, average sense of fashion...

• Where I am from, Shailene Woodley would be considered really pretty and the girl in the link would be considered a godess.

I have a friend who is Shailene level pretty, and she gets hit on once or twice a day.

I have a friend who is girl in the link level hot and she gets hit on about a dozen times a day.

What Guys Said 3

• Pretty women intimidate guys. Most guys assume that they are taken. Thus, guys go with the average girls. The thing these girls have to worry about is if their man is better looking than they are, they will most likely go for someone who is hotter. However, life is easier for more attractive people in some aspects. They can approach people without feeling like a creeper. If they smile, people will assume they're nice.

• Well, I think that an average looking person can smile at someone and still be considered harmless... I read that guys are often intimidated by a pretty girl, I mean how pretty does a girl have to be to be considered 'intimidating'. Can even slightly above avg looking girls be considered intimidating?

• Certainly, any girl who is athletic, smart, above average looking can be intimidating.

• The beautiful people have the world handed to them on a platter, some of them are so oblivious that they don't even realize that things they take for granted are far outside the experiences of everyone else.

• Agreed. I've met a girl who thought having people wait on you hand and foot and having guys fight over who gets to carry your books was a normal experience for everyone.

• wow, she must be really beautiful then.

• The girl the QA posted in the link could very well be her. She looked very much like that.

• You get laid more

What Girls Said 3

• Better jobs.

Guys tip more.

Free stuff and you don't even have to say please.

Guys do stuff for you without asking.

Guys fight over you. Amusing to what because I don't feel any pity for them because they blew past girls they deemed less attractive.

• Statistics show that those rated as attractive are given benifits sub as better jobs, higher peycheques, etc. Much of this is subconscious in the mind of the person giving the benefits.

• What aren't the advantages?