Should I donate my hair?

Okay so summer is officially here and it's getting hot!

I have really long (down to my bellybutton), thick hair so I often put it up in the summer time. Should I donate it? Locks of Love needs a min of 10 inches in order to make wigs for cancer patients and I'm debating it

though I want to help and get cooler I'm scared! The last time I had shoulder length hair was when I was a bit chubbier and I keep going back to that image when picturing myself with short hair.

I have a round face with dimples, and side part my hair

*Boys: do you like girls with long or medium hair?

Thanks everyone! I did the big cut last night, I think it looks great

Most Helpful Girl

• Go ahead ! It's for a great cause and you'll not only feel better about yourself, you'll also look cute and feel cooler for summer. Go here link for suggestions for hairstyles suited for round faces.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, donate it, it's going to go to a good cause :)

I had my hair cut short (like REALLY short, it was like a guy's haircut) two years ago and I've been growing it ever since just so I could donate it.

Mine is down to my back right now and if I donate it, I know I'll be going back to the boy-ish looking hair, which is honestly not really popular with the guys.

I get a lot more compliments when my hair is longer, but I don't care :)

I want to donate it to those who want it, it's the least I can do, so I'm going to get over my own insecurities, just so I can. You should do the same :)

You have so many things to be grateful for and as cheesy as it may seem, I bet you're beautiful. So, come on, don't let it go to waste! :) Go out there and make a difference in someone's life...even if it's as simple as donating your hair.

You're hair will grow back anyways, so yeahh :)

Good luck! :)

• If you do cut your hair, go ahead and donate it. I donated mine to Locks of Love a few years ago.

I cut my hair this morning, and it turned out pretty bad, but I know it will grow back and now I get to play around with a new style. I stay take a risk.

• If you do cut it donate it, you're just going to throw it away anyways might as well give it to someone who wants it.

• hahaha it's not like I'd throw out ten inches - I'd either cut my hair like 2 inches and keep it long or cut it 10 inches and donate it

• well if you cut off enough to donate, donate it.