Extreme Itching After Shaving My Legs, What Should I Do?

I started shaving my legs when I was around 16 or so and after awhile I stopped because it really was a pain. I started again, but after I do, it becomes insanely itchy! - to the point that I scratch my legs completely raw. I shave my armpits every other day and it never gets that bad. Is this happening because I stopped shaving my legs regularly?

Most Helpful Girl

• lather it with Crisco.

maybe you need shaving cream for sensitive skin

• LOL Well that'd make my boyfriend pay more attention to my legs LOL

What Guys Said 1

• why don't you wax

• I tried it, I ended up with a huge bruise because I messed up and I've been scared to try it again lol

What Girls Said 5

• I recommend you stop using whatever products you're using and until allergy and itchiness are not gone, don't shave them at all. It's OK wear long pants! Everytime you bath use extra creamy soap or body wash, let it moisture your into skin. Now when you are ready to shave your legs, use a razor and shaving cream specalized for sensative skin and when you shave, shave along with the hair not against it. Thus you'll avoid cuts that cauze allergy and the hair won't grow as fast.

• Do you wash and soap your legs before shaving and after shaving?

Maybe what you are using to shave your legs with causes this.

Put some baby powder on your legs and change whatever you are using to shave your legs with to something else.

• I usually wash when I finish. I've used the same stuff for a long time now, but when I found this problem, I tried several different shave gels/razors and nothing helped. I haven't tried baby powder, though...

• See a doctor,

and when my legs itch after shaving I use baby powder and it helps

• USE. SHAVING. CREAM.

• WOW No s**t?! I NEVER would have guessed that in a million years! :D Thanks!^.^

• Haha well do you use it already?

• Yes LOL Even the sensitive stuff...I tried laying it on thicker, doesn't help, I tried not using it, that really didn't help, I tried less pressure, nope...:/

• are you using a clean razor?

• I think so...I tried brand new razors...

• maybe you are allergic to whatever you are using on your legs to shave like your shaving cream or soap or lotion or something

• I don't think so...I use it on my armpits and it's fine.

• that is odd I don't really know, are you using a sharp razor when you shave? I know my legs have been itchy after shaving when I was allergic to whatever I was using but if you aren't allergic and your using a sharp razor I don't really know what it could be