Do you actually look like you what you do in a mirror or a camera?

Or do you think it is only a slight sketch of how you really look?

IDk maybe I'm weird for asking this but I always think this.

People think I'm gorgeous yet I look in the mirror and I don't see the same thing everyone claims is so beautiful

Or a camera photo, like you take one and it looks so horrible and your friends are saying it is cute.

Then you wonder, is that how I really look? Because If it is am ugggggggggggggly!

lol

Does any one else feel this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear anon,

Firstly, the more you say you're ugly the more they will tell you you're not, they want to make you feel better whether its true your beautiful or not.

Secondly, I either look fabulous in a photo (better than I look) or plain ugly (worse than I look).. that's how I feel about cameras, in mirrors I see what I think is the real me who isn't fabulous or ugly (in the mirror, never the same as in the photos)

Finally, the problem is only within you, stop believing your ugly, its too negative, a positive ugly person is better than a negative ugly person. I'm not calling you ugly, but its ugly that you think you're ugly.

Sincerely,

IMAQT xx

What Guys Said 3

• I often fell that way. Its easy to feel that way. I know many people who do.

If you get to overly feel that way it moves into a mental illness (I seem to recall its called body dismorphia or something) where you see youself as ugly no matter what others tell you or think personally.

Even the most beautiful of people have moments when they look awful (theres even a whole industry formed around capturing the most beautiful at there worst to try and make everyone else feel better lol).

Its not what people tell you, its how the look at you that matters.

Advertisers know that we form attatchments to ideas and images and looks when we are growing up. They use this to sell product and to sell people (or should I say abuse.. yes abuse). We grow up in a surrounding which tells us what is and what is not beautiful. Its self fullfilling because once we understand what is and not beautiful it becomes hard wired as attraction. It all starts with the faces which surround us when we are young and then is honed by the media and by our own choices as we grow up.

Secondly, there is a natural tendancy in people who are more emotional to feel their worth is less than others. Call it the "Christan Complex", yet often people feeling like that contribute the most to the world.

I digress muchly xD.

Basicly, yes, we really do look like that. However, because it freezes a moment in time its probably unlikely we looked that good or bad for long before looking different.

As long as people are calling you attractive and ving for your attention, don't worry about it and enjoy it whilst it lasts.

• I do some times , when I see a photo of me and hate it so much that I want to die .. I joke :D But I do hate some photos 4 real :P

• i can't stand the way I look in pictures :/

What Girls Said 10

• gaah I don't even know anymore lol! some say that our brain fools us into thinking that we look better than we actually do,some say we think we look worse than we actually do. I'm not sure,i mean I look damn good in the mirror (well aren't I modest?) and I do sometimes look good in photos,pretty much the same I do in the mirror,but most of the time when I take pics I look like a f***in retard. and when people say who I look like-i always think ''really? I'm that ugly?REALLY?'' watch these videos,not just this one link

• I usually look horrible in pictures. I can't smile with my mouth open. Haaaate it. But I definitely feel you're pain :(

• Yes I have def felt that way! You are not alone! Somedays I will look in the mirror and like what I see but then take a photo and I look terrible! But it might also because we are to hard on oursleves. I don't judge others' beauty as hard asi judge myslef. And honestly beauty is not as important as who you are and your personalitiy. And people understand that not every picture is going to be perfect!

• I get that with photos all the time I will see a photo of myself and cringe at how my face looks and then I constantly get told how beautiful/pretty/ gorgeous it is but I never see how there is anything nice about the picture, As for looking in the mirror I always think my eyebrows are too fury, my smile is horrible, my lips are too small or my skin is really bad when I'm told the opposite. I just think its very hard to see yourself properly without all the bias you have against yourself also with a lot of people what they would call pretty it nothing like what they actually look like.

• I would 7/10 people are being nice about photos, but personally I think I look better in person then I do in photos. I know that sounds super vain, but I'm simply just not at all photogenic without trying. I envy the people that can just take a great picture each time.

• I'm either not very attractive or not photogenic. Not sure.

But every now and again I get a really nice picture that makes me look better IMO.

• I do sort of :) but since I am very unphotogenic I often look more like a idiot in photos than I normally do :)

• yeah I know how you feel..I think I look a lot better in person...but that's a lot better than looking better in pics than in person right? ha ha (:

• I tend to look prettier in person than I do in photos.

Mostly because I'm always doing funny faces & embarassing expressions haha

• mirror because picture is a still life and you're ocnstantly moving