What do you think of dip-dying hair?

Either in a more natural way so that it's just kind of lighter towards the bottom: link link

link

Or, what about with more unnatural colors? (which is what I've been seeing more of lately)

link

link

link

link

link

I've been kind of wanting to get my hair dip-dyed turquoise/teal, only a couple inches on the bottom. Was thinking something along the lines of the last link, but my hair's brown. Do you think it would look good? (keep in mind though, my hair's naturally straight, and I think it looks better on wavy hair, which is why I'm doubting whether I should or not)

So yeah, what are your thoughts about it in general? And if it would suit me.

Most Helpful Guy

• i like the unnatural colors better, I think you could pull it off. if you do it put up a pic with your hair so we could see how it turned out.

What Guys Said 4

• It's an interesting look, I'll say that much. Not really something that I'd think would be attractive, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker or anything. As a rule of thumb, whatever your style is, there will always be some people who like it, so do what you think looks good.

• I think your hair looks fantastic as it is.

JUST SAYIN'

• oh those are awesome!

definite yes!

• Dunno what the f*** that is but it sounds sexy.

What Girls Said 4

• The natural ones are OK, but I don't understand why you're going to have two distinct hair colors and make them both natural. I looks like you dyed your hair and then let your roots grow out really long.

I think the unnatural colors are fun. You would look so cute with teal in your hair.

• I just recently (this past week) ombre'ed my hair, and I feel incredibly sassy. Mine is black on top, fading to a red/pink towards the ends.

My hair looks exactly like this: www.myhairstyling.com/ombre-hair-black-to-red/

I don't recommend dying your hair like this if you're not comfortable bleaching your hair. To get the more vibrant colors, you hair has to be bleached or stripped from it's natural pigment. I suggest bleaching your hair, waiting a week afterwards, then dying the ends - that's what I did.

I also wouldn't recommend dying your hair like this if you're just doing it for "a fad" or "trend."

The natural look is beautiful and subtle, if you're not wanting to make a statement.

I wanted something noticeable, so I went with one dark color and gradually lightened it to a red/pink on the ends.

ROCK ON! :)

• I want to do it too! I say go for it. Personally I like the lighter on the bottom, turquoise, or hot pink I might do one of those three :)

• Very cutttee! Go for it girl