Over-analyzing random eye contact?

Yesterday was a great day for the beach, so two of my friends and I went. We were walking along the "boardwalk", which is really a street with stores facing the beach. Like Jersey Shore.

There were a thousand people there. I was walking in between my friends and this really hot guy was walking in between his friends opposite us. We made eye contact for at least five seconds. It doesn't sound like much, but that is really quite a long time.

Was it just because my dress was a crazy pattern (blue watercolor with red and pink accents), just because nobody broke the contact, he was interested, or something else?

I didn't know if it meant anything different because we held eye contact for so long.

What Guys Said 1

• You're probably over-analyzing it. Was he checking you out? Very possibly. That doesn't mean he was interested but there is the possibility. If most guys are like me, I'll look at so many girls on the average walk downtown that if I was interested in all of them I would need to keep track of thousands of faces in my mind. It's not a bad thing but it's never a sure thing either.

What Girls Said 1

• It could be a million things. You'll never know unless you actually talk to the person.