Do you know what goes into your cosmetics?

Things most girls CAN'T live without. Have you any idea what goes in them?!?!

TALLOW - Animal fats. Comes from all the unused parts of sheep and cows after slaughter (heads, feet, anything which isn't eaten by crushing and boiling the fats out of them) FOUND IN - SOAP, HAIR CONDITIONER, fabric conditioner

LANOLIN - Natural animal grease (like greasy hair) Comes from animal hydes (sheep in particular) Found in, MOISTURISERS, LIPSTICK ;) (HAHAHAHA... HA!) baby oil, nearly ALL skin care products

Did you know this? How do you feel?

Most Helpful Girl

• I buy vegan cosmetics, all natural stuff when I can. So no animal fat for me. You didn't mention Carmine which is ground up beetle shells used as a red pigment in blushes and fish scales are used in some shimmery nail polishes. I'm vegetarian but buy vegan cosmetics so I'm free from that grossness, I don't want that on my face or nails

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 15

• It rubs the lotion on its skin...

• It might have nasty stuff in it, but as long as its not harmful, I'd rather not know...I need make up!

• Shit happens.

• Who cares?

Atleast they're using animals completely and not wasting anything.

Actually it makes me feel better. I used to think they just carve out certain areas of meat in animals and throw the rest away so it's great they're putting everything they can into good use.

Brilliant.

• those aren't as bad as faux lash glue (like those from DUO and Ardell) containing Formaldehyde aka the stuff morticians use to preserve corpses.

More from Girls
10

What Guys Said 0