Does your bra size change with the type/style of bra?

I ask this because I want to buy bras for my wife as a surprise. I want to get something that I like and she would never get. I had never asked her her bra size before. Today as I was going through her drawer I was shocked to see that her sizes are all over the place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bras are a very tricky item to buy as gift. But since you want to venture into that territory you should be aware if a few facts. The number should not vary but the cup

Size could. The padded and push up bras make the bust look larger. The cute lacy bras rarely offer support. If she is using under wire bras then stick to the same type. so take one or two as an example with to the store with you. And try to not look like a creeper :-p

Good luck :)

• OMG ! I Would say to you exact;y the same as what I said to someone below. I would melt with embarrasment. But I do appreciate the technical side of your explanation. I have noted that.

• Ur a brave man to venture into that territory lol :)

What Girls Said 15

• Yeah, unfortunately it does-- usually varying not by the style of the bra, but the company who makes it.

• Very strange. That means my plans are screwed.

• Come to think of it, another option would be to go to a lingerie store and explain the situation-- their consultants are usually trained in bra sizing, so they might be able to explain things better and help you pick what works.

Best of luck, and I hope this helps! :)

• For the first time in my life, the "mode" came in handy ! I was thinking of doing the same. But I never thought of it in math terminology :)) hahaha. But you make sense. One thing however I HAVE noticed is that majority of her bras are tagless. I think she is conscious of something and rips them off.

• it does change,but within a cup size,not a huge difference,just get the one size she gets the most,or go between sizes if there are two very different sizes

• If you take a picture of your wife in with you (maybe one where she has tight shirt or a swimsuit) a lingerie store should be able to get a good guess on her size.

• Hmmm... now THAT's an interesting approach.

• yeah its crazy right, but some of the ladies at shops don't even measure you they just look at you like when you walk in and can fit you, hah. Its just a thought, maybe it wouldn't work.

Best wishes

• Yes *insert groan*. Just go to her bra draw and look at all the different sizes. Whichever size occurs the most, get that.

• yup, especially with strapless I have to get a size smaller or my bra will fall off lol

• :))) Ok. At least that is not my worry because she will bever wear strapless. She never wears shoulderless dresses anyway. The ones that were shocling to me were those full cover grandma kind of bras, Oh I hate them. I keep telling her that might as well keep a baby pillow on her boobs under the clothes. That is as stupid as they looik.

• First of all - I am really sorry for the horrible spelling mistakes. I was 80% asleep when I was typing and I wanted to reply to as many comments as possible before I slept. Sorry.

Yes, you are right. I find Demi bras very sexy and I want her to try them.. just for me.

• Not really - some bras are in US measurements and some use European. But most women are wearing the wrong bra size and don't want to get a bra fitting so they just buy many different bras until they get one that fits. Also if you lose or gain weight, your bust size changes. Maybe if she has more of one size you can try that size.

• Oh thank you for the details. I'll see which size wins the vote. :)

• Yes, it does. link

• you might be able to use a brand name with the same size? the style size thing might play a role, but it shouldn't really..

• Thanks. Actually I finally asker her. And she said when she goes one chest size lower, she goes one cup size higher. That is why she has 2-3 types of sizes in her wardrobe. :) I finally learnt something. :)

• it will sometimes just depend on the brand or style of the bra

• They are usually about the same, but some bras don't fit well.

• yep, it does.

• yeah O.o

• size will change with brand, sometimes I think they make it up as they go along

• "Make it up as they go along". ? Sorry. Didn't understand that.

• I can't be sure but I think the size around doesn't change but the cup size will.

• Hmmm,... I was seeing from 36 to 38 and from B to C.

• OMG ! That would be so embarrasing and hilarious ! No no... I am not doing that...

• Haha okay okay, maybe average the sizes she has. I'm sure you'll know if it's waaaaaaaay off

• No. I'm the same size no matter what the brand is

• Ih I didn't mean "brand". I meant the style; the design... now I don't know the right terminology to use for this.

• oh I see. then yes it does, but just slightly. for example when I use a demi bra and a push up bra, I have to get a slightly different size

• Oh wow ! You hit the wire. My whole purpose is to get her a couple of Demi bras. She will never get them. She feels uncomfortable wearing them and I just want her to wear them for me.

What Guys Said 0