Does anyone make their own clothes?

I went clothes shopping today and everything is made so crappy, (even expensive stores!) I feel like I can just rip the material in half! $100 Jeans are stretchy (lucky brand store) you know what that means? If I make them my favorite jeans they are guaranteed to get a hole in the crotch! Prices are ridic and quality is sh*t. The thrift store is alright but I don't feel like "hunting" just for something decent. I wish I could find style and quality! I am considering making my own clothes...

#1 does anyone make their own clothes?

#2 can anyone recommend a company that sell really good quality clothes and for a decent price (I don't might spending a lot if its WORTH it. ex. 100% silk, wool, denim.. nicely stitched

#3 Are you tired of buying crap clothes?

Most Helpful Guy

• yea, cut off jeans:)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• I like American eagle for jeans and other things that have to last for a while. They also have a good range of sizes and inseams and are the only brand that fits me perfectly for jeans. Size 00 short. For everything else I shop Charlotte russe and forever 21 because I am cheap ;) I like their trendy stuff so I can mix it up a lot and not spend too much on any one item. Hope this helps!

• Thanks:) AE does have nice jeans. I just get so overwhelmed and can't seem to put outfits/looks together in my head. I will try again next week though.

• That looks cool on her! No way would I ever have the skills to do my hair like that though :P

• I know! looks way too hard, and would probably fall apart. I think it would be a nice way to dress up a casual look, maybe I'll try a simpler version, after all, that's what style is about, seeing something you like and making it your own.

• Yes I hate crappy clothes and dnt buy from charlotte RUSSe because they suck,.. all their stuff is from china and we need to stop buying from china because its so cheap and crummy, all the child labor over there get paid about some cents for making a shirt and when they bring it to the U.S its priced for about $35-40 at macys and some other departments stores. Anyway the reason why I don't make my own clothes is because sometimes it's more convenient and in some cases cheaper than making it yourself,..there are some stores that do make neat worth buying clothes,...you should try maybe marshalls and or Mervyns.

• I agree.. A lot of clothing is made of really crappy material, even expensive brands..

)I think jeans from H&M are better quality, if it's denim.

• No. I wish I could. but that's a talent I don't have

• i shop a lot at old navy and their stuff tends to be decent for the price. but I mostly make my own clothes (at least all of my summer clothes because fleece fabric and other warm fabric tends to cost a lot and messes up my sewing machine). I mostly make a lot of dresses, rompers, and some of the really flowy and loose shirts but nothing too tight fitting (I have a little pudge in the middle but not much plus zippers and buttons can be a pain in the butt) and I also like to take ugly thrift store clothes and change them. sewing can seem expensive at first (need sewing machine, fabric, lessons which are optional, thread, zippers, buttons, interfacing, good sewing scissors, etc) but I have a $100 sewing machine that has lasted for 9 years heavy usage. if your looking for cheap lessons try your local 4-h club that is where I learned how to sew. hope this helps!