Is eye contact from a shy girl a good indication?

This girl is somewhat shy and quiet but she can be very pleasant and sweet once she gets to know people. With me though, its not quite like that. We do get along but every time we talk I feel this vibe (maybe its just me?) and she will always look straight into my eyes and never look away (I find mysaelf not being able to look away either). While she jokes with most people, our joking goes more into teasing and playfully insulting each other and one making the other one think they are not funny, etc. My question is, is strong eye contact from a shy girl good? I haven't really paid much attention when she talks to others, but I know there's no that much tension when she talks to others, its pretty lighthearted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people flirt in a sarcastic way.. As for being shy I'm not sure she is since she looks at you straight in eye and maintains strong contact. Or maybe she is masking her shyness that way. Hard to tell. However pay attention to other details. Her tone body language. Does she smile a lot? Does she make an effort to be noticed by you? All those could be clues to if she is into you.

• I know the eye contact contradicts the shyness, but she is shy, she describes herself as "socially awkward" and she is quiet. I mean, she is cool and very friendly with people she knows.In fact she is so friendly with others and not with me that makes me feel like she doesn't like me that much,but she'll initiate conversations if I'm too quiet, so I don't know. SHe does smile a lot, the only thing is that our personalities seem to clash because we argue a lot, but never stay mad for too long

• Well, its more like playful arguments but we step on each others toes from time to time, we argue like an old couple. About making an effort to be noticed, YES, she does that. I could be talking to somebody else and she'll butt into the conversation by making some jokey/sarcastic comment, if the other person makes fun of me or something, she'll be laughing and if I ask her what's she'll laughing at, she'll say something like "I'm laughing at you, as usual". Its obvious she wants me to react.

• Based on your description, it sounds like you two are engaged in heavy flirting. Just and go with the playfulness. And gradually take things further. Best of luck :) fun fun :-p

What Girls Said 6

• I'm just like that, it's easy to talk to most guys so long as they are smiley and receptive of bantering with me, but when I really like a guy, on every level-not just physical, I react just like this girl. I guess I'm just scared I'll say something stupid, or that he won't be that into me.

• When you say we argue a lot that would suggest she has strong feelings for you, if she didn't she wouldn't care enough to react. What kind of stuff do you argue about, and if she's really that shy, would she argue with you?

• Generally, if a girls giveing you strong eye contact she is interested, do you look at something or someone unless it/they hold your interest, no, no one does.

• Well, we can argue about a lot of things. Sometimes she just disagrees with me on almost anything (pepsi over coke kind of thing), other times can be politics, sports, religion. She usually respects other peoples opinions but with me she is very vocal. Like if I were to say that soccer is a thinking mans sport she'll go on saying something like "so you are saying basketball players don't think" or go out on some crazy tangent like that, its almost like she really likes me or hates me, can't tell.

• Maybe because she is shy she's a little socially awkward, she's bantering with you or at least trying to provoke a reaction from you that prolongs the conversation, Why don't you try and ask her what she does like i.e. sports, food, colour, if you ask her a direct question she can't argue because she's incontrol of the responce, just try not to bite back if you disagree and see how she responds.

• It could go both ways. Since a shy girl is well, shy, she may only see you as a friend that she can find comfort in, if she's able to look you in the eye. But since she flirts and opens up around you, she may be interested in you. Watch her a little more and keep us updated! Good luck <3

• Yes, it's a good thing. This is a sign that she might like you. If you type in "body language" on google, there is a ton of different stuff that tells you specifically about eye contact. Hope this somewhat helps you out!

• You're pretty much describing my flirting techniques right there. I'm really shy but when I'm around the guy I like, it's strong eye contact and playful sarcasm. I only do the sarcasm when I'm really comfortable around someone and want to be their friend.

• yeath eye contact is very good from a shy girl..trust me I'm shy and I try to give eye contact as a hint

What Guys Said 1

• Very good sign bro. Ask her out. And if she says no, just ask her again and she'll probably say yes.