Is it true that men are intimidated by beautiful women?

I was talking to my friends about this one and it's something I've always wondered. Are men scared to come up to women that are considered to be beautiful, exceptionally good looking etcetera. If so then why? Also what would make you intimidated by a woman so much that you would not come up to her.

310

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course, some guys will assume that a hot girl has been approached by hotter guys in the past, and will shoot him down without a second's pause. In actuality, they're approached less for the same reason.

• Thanks, this has been really helpful!

• is there something girls can do, besides being smiley and friendly and open to come across as less intimidating?

• It's not that the girl herself is intimidating, it's just that the more attractive the girl is, the more courage and testicular fortitude it takes to be able to approach her. So no, not really.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, men are intimidated by beautiful women. Are women intimidated by beautiful men?

Physically attractive people do have that good first impression going for them. However, beauty in a woman changes over time. Once you get to know one, she may turn ugly.

Why do you think on-line dating is so popular? Heck, you could be an angel and I am comfortable talking with you because I can't see you.

Technology has allowed us to be closer in that we can exchange words, but to truly communicate, you need to be able to sense the nonverbal communication.

It's the nonverbals that make a woman intimidating. Just think of all the stimuli besides words when speaking with someone. And, for a man seeing an intoxicating woman, his mind can't help but wander, along with his eyes. It's instinct, but it can be overridden with practice.

So, when I feel intimidated or myself blushing, I begin to focus on the filler words and phrases she's using, like 'um' or 'you know' or listening to her vocabulary. Anything to take my mind off of those aspects of her that would use my emotional instincts against my mind.

• Is the pope catholic?

• hey are you kidding me,it feels greatly easy, and more comfortable when a girl which is beautiful along with a down to earth visual gaining more approaches than a girl that is walking in complete perfection, because if you look at it, it's more like a Psychological thing; when something seems to be of a more standard, or higher caliber it retrains anyone to think subconsciously that they are not good enough, not telling a lady to trim there quality or standard but to make room availability...

Sign: sensitive guy ( hope I helped)

• Because they have claws?

• alot of the time but alos I think the hot girls will be ver shallow so not gd unless is a one night stand or you are shallow and just go for looks and not personality

• Men are intimidated by plain women.

• Oh, so you're saying it's because their Moms were plain?

• I'm saying that little girls treat little boys like sh*t for most of the little boys' lives. And that a select few little boys start to get treated well. No one said anything about anybody's mom. And that she's plain? You're just way off base.

• I can bench 300 and more guys are intimidated by a beautiful woman then me. Crazy huh?

• What is beautiful?

• Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So whatever the man thinks who is looking at the woman. However, I will rephrase the question just so you can understand it. "Is it true that men are intimidated by women they consider to be beautiful?"

• Yeah! I would probably ignore her if she tried to approach me (done it before).

• Well for most guys the intimidation factor isn't the beautiful woman herself but rather who that guy would be competing with for her. Like she's so beautiful that she could have anyone so why would she choose me over that guy whos better looking, smoother, more successful or whatever.

For me personally I avoid dimes because they have been complimented so f***ing much their whole lives and had so much done for them because of their looks that they are often so into themselves and have a very distorted sense of reality that spending time with them is like masturbating with a cheese grater. But that's just me.

• I get what you're saying, however I don't think you should necessarily avoid people for that reason haha. Looking a certain way says nothing about the way they grew up really.

• So I could say the same thing about a good looking guy...that have been complimented so much yadda yadda yadda, it don't mean jack. One of my exes had a six pack and girls were practically throwing themselves at him. I feel bad 'cause that's all he's wanted for. No one wants to see what's under the surface especially when he won't let them :-\ He's insecure like everyone else. Hot or Not, people will be insecure.

What Girls Said 3

• why not? the same way some women are intimidated by really attractive men.

• I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just wondering why that is. 'Cause I'm personally not intimidated by really attractive men.

• I think it's kinda ignorant to assume I've never been hurt Shaun, cause I have actually. Still doesn't make me intimidated by attractive men.

• good for you :)

• yes it is very common

• I am afraid to talk to attractive men.