I'm pretty sure men invented heels :D

NO women in her right mind, would've been like

" I'm going to make a shoe that simultaneously breaks my ankle while I wear them."

Lol I'm joking, but I'm curious as to the origins of heels, and not the little boot stump heels, but stilettos and wedges.

And what makes them so appealing to men?

( I heard something about the muscles in a women's legs or something like that?)

As a women, I love the shape of them and how they show off my feet, but Jesus Christ, they can get painful sometimes..

Most Helpful Guy

• Originaly heels were worn so that a horse rider's heel would not slip. The heeled shoe was then issued and used by all military around the 1600s because they all rode on horse back. The French royalty and military officers would wear them as part of their uniform. The men actually wore them at first but women started to wear them to look taller and more elegant. French men did wear some questionalble attire back in the olden days. If you have looked at some old paintings you can see the little heels on men.

• That's logical @ the horseback thing; yea I read something about women wearing them to be taller. And aristocratic men wearing them was like a sign of status.

• I learned this in western civ when we were studying the French revoloution.

What Guys Said 7

• I know we invented push-up bras for sure.

Yoga pants too! Yum

• Lol that I don't doubt ha ha not a bad thing either; my boobs have never looked so good and my bum so fit XD

• 1|0
  • I heard that always wearing heels can permanently alter the way you walk without them.

• Yea, off sets the arch and top of your foot :O you can also get arthritis pretty bad, carpel tunnel, and some other thing that deforms your foot, but you'd have to wear them every hour of every day.

• Was napoleon, wasn't it?

• my girlfriend told me that heels help strectch out the hammies, and legs. nothing wrong with heels if anything they are beneficial to balance, and stretching tight leg muscles

• Yea they kinda do; my aunt walks around in heels in her house to build up her calves - they're lookin pretty good actually lol and my legs do feel kinda good when I take mine off, (my back and feet hurt like hell but,) still got a good stretch :)

• Leonardo Da Vinci was given credit for inventing the heel. Although this is unproven since women AND men wore heels back then that would be hard to prove that he did.

Please do not complain. Either wear them and keep quiet or do not wear them. Thank you

• Hey, don't be all sensitive about it, I was kidding dude.

And maybe he did - they were so popular back then so it could've been a number of people.

• 0|1
    • Wow, I'm a biology nerd so I really enjoyed that lol lots of interesting information :) I knew heels could be bad for you, but damn...

• Wow, that was really interesting. Thanks.

• I'm saving this link.

What Girls Said 5

• I believe a male did invent them.

Heels make us stick our chest out and make it harder for us to run away :p

• Hmm, you are so what - those testosterone filled jerks lol :P we may not be able to run very good, but we can kick the crap out of people.

• Nothing should be aimed there. If you want children, do not hit us

• I don't, so any guys crotch is fair game :p

• Andre Perugia invented stilettos! I know this because I love fashion and designers (: He passed away in the late 1970s which is sad for women :(

• I don't know who invented them, but apparently heels help tone your calf muscles. Definitely not worth the pain in your back, though, haha. I can't walk in stilettos or anything that's too high. It's the perfect recipe for me to fall flat on my face.

• Lol omg, after like 30 minutes my lower back is like screaming at me; I lost my balance on a staircase while I was getting ready to go out with friends. Flew down the entire set of stairs; it hurt so bad trying to get up and everyone was cracking up :(

• Lol omg that would've been so embarassing :O I'm glad you didn't, I would've cried for you lol

Congratulations by the way :D

• Haha, I would have probably cried, too. :P

And thank you! :D

• They kill my feet, one toe at a time.

I hate heels.

• guys invented them for other guys. gay maybe?