OMG...what ever girl hopes will never happen to her happened to ME!! :X what to do?

OK.so I guess I ought to explain that I have really heavy periods, and they start REALLY fast and without warning.already seen the doctor about it, and he says I'm perfectly normal.

So I'm at school, and all of the sudden I get this tickly sensation which means that it's started! I have nowhere to go, no extra clothes, and my house is 35 mins. away. I try to get to the bathroom as fast as I can to call my mom and all but before I can get there this girl that I have never seen before comes up to me and says "you have blood ALL OVER the back of your a**" LIKE I DIDN'T know! and there were soo many guys around.they all tried to look the other way politely and pretend they didn't hear but I know that they did! And it was SO MUCH blood! I felt like I was going to die.I spent the rest of the day in the bathroom waiting for my mom to get there doubled over in pain.and too embarrassed to leave.

I am normally just about the most confident girl you'll ever meet. But this was just beyond anything I imagined would ever happen.! I usually can handle it, but it was just too sudden this time--and too late by the time I discovered it.

Should I get all worked up about this? Guys, how would you feel if you saw it? If it were a girl you liked, would you never speak to her again or laugh at her? Or would it just be awkward? What can I do to ensure that this never happens again? PLEASE HELP.

Most Helpful Girl

• Number one: It's happened to most of us. Sometimes you can't predict when you're gonna start, and accidents happen. No one will remember it as anything other than funny in a few years, including yourself, I promise. It'll be forgotten, and most guys understand you can't help biology, and the girls have been there. Only the jerks will everr bring it up, so it'll be alright.

There are some ways to prevent this, though. ALWAYS keep extra clothes on hand, always. In a locker, in a car, something. Then, chart yourself. Make sure you know around when you'll start, and pay attention to your body. It will tell you, give you signs, so you'll know to be prepared. Also, a good girlfriend always helps. I can't tell you how many days in high school me and my girlfriends walked around whispering "check the back of my pants," one of falling behind and checking the other. It was always a good help to have good friends.

Another thing is that when it hits in class, and you know it, get up and go to the bathroom right then. Most teachers will realize that students don't just run out of class, you're female, and something must be going on. And make good friends with one of your female teachers. I once had this happen to me, and they wouldn't let my friend use the phone in the office to call my parents (we weren't allowed cell phones at school, at all). The teacher ended up calling for us, and giving me a jacket to tie around my waist so that no one would see it. I promise they'll be much more understanding than you think.

What Guys Said 4

• Guys won't hold this against you. Its something every girl has to go threw. A guy won't think any less of you. He probobly will be embarassed for you. You will find out with guys as much as girls will tell you different that we are only hard on girls with things they can control. This area is something you can't. You won't loose any boyfriends over this guys won't think less of you. There's a fear of seeming clueless as a guy. Every guy knows if he acts wacked out by this he will come off as the clueless guy who knows nothing about periods. So no guys won't judge you negativly on things you can't control. And a period is one of those things. So don't worry about it.

• I wouldn't think of you any less. I would talk to you again. It wouldn't be awkward.

• From a guy's pov, I don't get periods, but anyone could understand that that would be horrible.

I would never make fun of a girl for that, not because I don't get periods, but because that is a terrible incident, and I hear it is a terrible natural function anyway.

If it happened to a girl I liked, I would act like it never happen and try to further our relationship.

If she asked me about it, I would be sympathetic and tell her not to worry about it. I would ask if there is anything I could do, unless I didn't know the girl to well, in which it would be creepy.

• In my high school if something like that happened and guys saw, the next day no one would say a thing about it. There's a limit for even guys when it comes to making fun of girls, and I think you hit it. This is just something you never make fun of, ever. And frankly, if any guy did, I bet he'd get his ass kicked by not only other guys, but tons of girls. I'm so incredibly sorry I can't imagine how embarrassing that was.

Were you wearing a tampon or anything?

• Yep, I sure was, and a maxi too, (I always have to wear both) but it STILL leaked through...more like a fountain than a leak XD. I'm always sooo careful not to let that happen, but I guess it was unavoidable. Ugh...and I guess I'm just going to try to act like nothing happened on Monday...I'm sure it will take a while for everybody to forget (maybe never) but oh well...it's too late.

• Haha yeah I guess! I get along with everybody though haha

Notice that I asked this anonymously I really don’t want any of my wide circle of friends to see this!!! LOL

• Wouldn't it be pretty obvious though? If your friends knew what happened I imagine just seeing the title of this might give it away. You can just read romantic novels until this all passes over, right? Or explicitly romantic novels?

What Girls Said 9

• I usually get warnings before my period; my appetite increases and I break out. If you get those, you should wear a pad to school just in case. It would be uncomfortable but it is better than getting your pants dirty. I would go back to the doctor if I were you, and talk to your mom. I think that going on birth control makes your flow lighter so you can talk to them about that. Also keep an extra pair of jeans (so you don't have to worry about them matching your outfit), a sweatshirt (so you can tie it around your waster until you get to the bathroom), and underwear in your locker just in case. As for the guys, you should be glad you were around the type who would have the courtesy to look away politely, because they sure as hell wouldn't at my school! And think of it this way, yeah you have to deal with leaks but they know what it feels like to worry about getting a boner during class!

• Start keeping a chart so you know around when you'll have your period. Always have an extra set of clothes in your locker. Also, see if you can't get on birth control. This will help regulate your periods. One more thing, always keep pads and tampons around. I know how you feel I'm a super plus tampon girl for 8 days straight.

• I had something similar happen to me in junior high--I think most girls have that experience at some point. It's not like it's a difficult thing to happen. In the future, keep a change of clothes handy, and extra tampons (or pads, whatever you use). You should keep track of when you get your period on a calendar. It may seem like you have no warning, but you probably get it around the same time every month--like at the end of the month or beginning, etc.

Most girls will be understanding and won't hold it against you, so don't worry about it. And it's something guys most likely won't judge you on. It's something they'll never experience, so they're better off keeping their mouths shut, honestly. Just carry on like nothing happened; there's no sense dwelling on it.

• guys don't know a lot about periods.. and in the end anything that would make this SUCH a big deal is really their immaturity. so you need to "act" because I have had mistakes happen as well.. as if its normal.. because it is.. you are prob jus pmsing now.. lol but in the end.. wth is anyone gonna say to tease you? so what? DuDE I'm sorry I'm a woman.. and I get my period once a month? I think its better then being prego now.. lolol you know play it off like that.. and no one will be able to question or bother you.. and I doubt they will I'm sure it will be totally unnoticed to your surprise..

• Ask your gyno for birth control and it is going to help you out a lot. I had a same problem as you. My period was long long and very heavy too, so my doctor put me on birth control and now my period is three days and very light too.

• You should try to get on birth control to regulate your periods, that way you will know when they're coming and will be able to properly prepare.

• Do you have gym clothes? And if you wad a bunch of toilet paper, that can sometimes be used for a temp pad.

Hormonal pills will also lighten the flow and make it more regular. Worked for me, mine are so light and last only a few short days now.

• I'm always paranoid about this happening so I wear a tampon whenever I know mines coming up or I wear a pad or liners most of the time. The liners are comfortable they don't feel any different to not wearing one.

I'm really sorry to hear about this and that girl is a BITCH. She'll get paid back some way don't worry and then you'll be there to laugh at her.

• well ill start by saying that every girl at some point in her life will have at least one experice similar to that. I know I have. but you have to understand that all girls go through it and most likely wouldn't make a big deal out of it because she knows what your going through. maybe the girl that made that comment to you thought you got cut or something since there was alot. I wouldn't worry about it. sometimes its just unpredictable and accidents like that happen. once you get older, pack extra feminine products in your car [once you start to drive if you don't already] and pack extra pants and underware and even a shirt. so you can at least make it to your car if you can. also don't be afraid to go to the nurse. they have girl stuff and you can wait until your mom comes. so just don't worry about it, its one of the bad parts of being a girl, but it happens lol