Ever been mistaken to be a gang member?

I was just coming back from camping and I was wearing a deep blue shirt and a blue bandana (my casual camping style), I was only in there to break a $20 into two 10's so I could pay my friend gas money.

The very moment I entered the room, about 2 - 3 people reacted by staring at me. I was immediately sorta embarrassed because I never thought that I could definitely be a Crip. lol. Then on my way to the register line, a little girl and mom were standing on the very opposite side. The look on the mom and girls face was kinda shocked(?) they looked at me way weird. Then I got to the register, I asked if he could break my 20 into two 10s. He looked at me like I was sorta crazy and he looked suspicious of me and he finally handed me my two tens. He said to have a good day, but his voice was a bit monotone, and I left the store.

I was nervous the second I entered the room, and just as nervous as I entered. that was THE most uncomfortable trip to a convenience store. wow... lol

my question is, if you've ever experienced the same thing? do you live in a town with major gangs like Bloods and Crips?

Most Helpful Guy

• Countless times.

I pretty much have to wear business attire everywhere I go so it doesn't happen.

• you serious? what makes you say that? people ask you if you are?

• It doesn't happen anymore because I'm always dressed very professionally.

But let me stroll into a Macy's with some sweats and a white tee shirt with some sneakers.

Security will be all over me like NATO airstrikes on the Libyan civilians.

What Girls Said 4

• Duh eveeerry day :)

Can't you see it?

• no but my school thinks I'm gonna try and hurt someone, by the way I am constantly told I look cute and innocent so I have no idea how they came to that conclusion :P

• no. have never experienced that

• All the timee! It's super annoying!

What Guys Said 2

• No, can't say I ever have.

• I live in a small town about a 30 minute drive from boston which doesn't have much crime so I've never really been pegged as a gang member.