The "I look fat" comment.. How to respond?

The girl I like... from time to time says she's fat.. Or feels fat or looks fat..

But she's not fat at all..

Why dose she do this other then to fish for compliments.. Which I give her..

And is there something special I should say to her.. Cause I'm worried just telling her she's not fat is not working..

Any ideas why she says it?

Also anything flirty things I could say either to make her happy.. Or to make her realize she's not fat?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls complain about being fat because when they look in the mirror they criticize everything that they see. They pick out their flaws. If the girl you like is saying this then you should tell her that she's beautiful and that God created her that way and she's perfect the way she is. She may be insecure about her body and may be wanting you to make comments about it just so she can feel better about herself. Don't worry, I do the same thing. A lot of girls do. Just always remind her how beautiful she truly is. I hope everything works out for the best. :)

What Girls Said 4

• i guess I'd like to hear, "You are beautiful." just say that straight up without saying "you're not fat" or anything like that...dont defend, just say what you see. she's beautiful, tell her. this might shock her a little, and it might quit her from saying she's fat knowing you think she's beautiful. whether she's fat or not, she's beautiful. lol...

you could also say something like, "why is fat bad?" or "what's wrong with that, you're still beautiful." I don't suggest this as your #1 decision, because she might take it COMPLETELY wrong. but you never know:)

I'd just say "You're beautiful." :)

• "you're not fat, you're fluffy!"

• well she obviously isn't comfortable with her body. Just tell her to work out whenever she feels like she's fat.

• Just tell her she's not fat at all and that she should stop worrying about it. You could tell her she looks great and she has nothing to be insecure about.

You know what's harder? Responding to a chubby girl who says she looks fat.

What Guys Said 2

• "I'm fat"

"Whooa! The air's talkin! Oh hold up, turn the other way, there you are!'

• Just act jokingly annoyed. like "Oh please you look great". Roll eyes if need be