Do bridesmaids wear the same dress for the entire wedding party?

this is the first wedding that I'm going to, and I have been asked to be a bridesmaid so I'm just wondering if the bridesmaids wear the same dress for the entire time because I know that the bride changes her dress after the reception part so I'm just wondering

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't think there's any rule. If the dress is especially hideous or uncomfortable definitely change for the reception. But if you're single you'll get lots of attention and have a built in conversation starter if you stay in the bridesmaids dress. On the other hand, if you change into a sexier outfit that works too.

What Guys Said 1

• In my experience, the bride stays in the same dress, but might discard the veil. Whether the bridesmaids change varies. At the last two weddings I went to that had bridesmaids at all, all but one of them had changed into something else by the time of the evening function. I guess it's up to you ... assuming there's somewhere you can keep your second outfit in order to change into it when the time comes. But by all means ask the bride.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, you'll be wearing your bridesmaid dress all night unless the bride specifies otherwise. I've never heard of the bridesmaids changing for the reception. That's how everyone tells you and the rest of the wedding party apart from the other guests. Is it a nice dress at least?

• traditionally you wear it all night long

• Usually. Most brides only remove their train and veil and/or do something different with the straps of their dress. At least where I'm from.