Why are guys so confusing?!

This guy just started talking to me, after not talking for 3 years or so (since the end of 7th grade and we're going into 11th). We texted each other for about a week, and he was leading me on. He stopped texting me abruptly and blocked me on Facebook. Now whenever I text him, he never responds. Why would he do this after leading me on for a week almost 2 weeks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well women from 7th grade usually look totally different then when they get to 11th grade. You know, the develop more or look better most times. Maybe he was interested physically in you, but then after getting to know you or whatever his interest in you kind of dwindled and decided to pursue other people. Or, he was interested in pursuing you, but then friends of his maybe started bugging him about going after a person like you because you aren't the type of girl they usually are interested in or should be seen with. High school is very "clicky" and very judgmental on who you are seen with or whatever. That's some possibilities of why he was like this. It's not nice, but sounds logical. Or if you are open to other views, I'd consider maybe Keke-101's view. You must have been interested in him through out your schooling with him or else you wouldn't notice as much that he finds you interesting from 4 years ago. Or he was part of a crowd that you wouldn't really associate with and that he did and now he noticed you for some reason. At any rate, you probably won't get an answer from him on why the sudden change unless he initiates contact with you. So maybe just take what you've learned from the experience and go forward. You obviously have something about you that gets attention from men now that you didn't before. You just have to build on that and find better men.

What Guys Said 5

• Because he's been leading you on and doesn't want to have anything to do with you?

Would you want to have a guy around who you kept around merely because you wanted somethingg from him and he was obsessively clinging to you afterward while you didn't even want to look at him anymore?

• not just that, we were really close in middle school then we stopped talkingg. after a couple years he starts talkingg to me again and then stops. its confusing me, and I don't know why he does that.

• he was saying things like 'youre always on my mind', 'your so amazing', 'your beautiful', 'i want us to get close again' and things like that.

• Well you probably did somethingg you're oblivious to that triggered his reaction.

• I think just ignore him. He is confused. Maybe he is not upto facing girls - may be shy. Anyways you will find someone better. So let him be and don't bother yourself about him.

• Could have said something he didn't want to hear? Anyways, just don't respond back, don't waste your time decoding those stupid games some people play.

• maybe he just wanted a friend for a few weeks. I don't even understand why he would stop or block you though.. maybe you said somethingg that pissed him off.

• maybe he's gay? just a thought. happened to my sister - hitting on a guy - then finding out he swung the other way. either that or he doesn't want to take things further or is going through a spell of depression.

to answer your question: because girls are even more confusing, resulting in us becoming confused and at a loss of what to do/

What Girls Said 1

• first of men are not that confusing weman are so complex that a simply man seems confusing. this guy probly wanted just a friendly relationship but saw you were taking it to far and had to slow your roll. amd once you slowed your roll you might have been joking with him an accadently pissed him off. so you don't need him anyway , I bet after a while he'll come around.