Too much shampoo drys your hair and drains your complexion?

anyone ever gotten this feeling? it damage more than just your hair? just feel something different when I use too much shampoo sometimes, like your facial beauty is lessened.

no I mean my hair get more messy with more shampoo, like more dry I guess. maybe it just a feeling because your messy hair affect your whole look. but when I don't use any shampoo or less, hair looks less messy and maybe I feel the whole look looks better. maybe just my imagination.

Most Helpful Girl

• you are making a great realization! shampoo containing sulfates strip natural oils from your hair(and skin) and conditioners containing Petrolatum(mineral oil), fragrances,etc clog your pores and irritate your skin. grab your shamp and con bottles and look up the ingrediants. natural oils(coconut, grapeseed, almond,etc.) can actually improve your acne. I changed all my products to natural and organic and will NEVER go back! My skin is clear and my hair is smooth and healthy (not frizzy/heavy) I love the brand aubrey organics, but now I am just making my own products:) It's awesome and the benefits make it worth the little extra effort.

• I've seen a few of your posts on this(no not a stalker lol) and what are some hair products that have no mineral oil and no sulfates? I've come across hair products free of sulfates, or free of mineral oil, but never both? I've preferably like it free of alcohol also

What Girls Said 6

• I've never noticed it change anything on my face. Shampoo isn't very good for your hair though. It's possible to keep your hair clean without shampoo, using special brushes and certain ingredients to naturally clean your hair, or even using just water. I would like to eventually do that but for now don't have the patience to go through the "greasy stage" that your hair goes through while adJusting to not having it's oils stripped away. If you're really hating shampoo I would google all the info on going shampoo-less and see if it's something you would like to do.

• I actually have a friend who did it and he just shaved his head, pretty much skipping the "greasy stage" all together. He didn't use any shampoo or conditioner as it grew out. His hair always looks great. Just a suggestion.

• hey, I think you may like to hear some of my insight. I haven't used shampoo or conditioner on my hair for about 6 months, I could go on and on about how much my hair has improved and changed (from frizzy dry lifeless curls to smooth silky volumous wavys) I only rinse with cold water about once a week. and I condition the ends with coconut oil. my hair is growing faster too. the most important part is to comb you hair and bring the oils down from the scalp. The oily stage for me wasn't bad, I

• was sick and bed bound for about a week, so I didn't have to deal with going out with overly oily hair. It's worth it forsure, so low maintence too you can't beat that:)

• It's actually suppose to be more healthy if you DON'T wash your hair every single day.

I have to though so sometimes I know what you mean about it draining. I make sure to use good shampoo and conditioner though, and I refrain from applying heat (i.e. straighter, curling iron, etc.) on my hair everyday.

I don't use shampoo on my face so I don't know what you mean by it drains your complexion/facial beauty.

• It can but it depends on how you wash your hair and what shampoo you have.

• that's because your shampoo has silicone and sulfates which dries up your hair duhh!

• too many chemicals and sulfates I use organic shampoos that are sulfate free trust me they make all the difference

• Check if your shampoo contains sulfates. They dry out your hair and can irritate your skin.

What Guys Said 0